Sneaking up on people with an X100

Discussion in 'Fuji X100 Forum' started by Boid, Feb 12, 2012.

1. Boid

Boid SC All-Pro

Dec 15, 2011
    Bangalore, India
    Rajiv
    Bought this camera a couple of weeks ago and have been pushing my luck at shooting people around me without them having throw things at me. Here are a few images I got before I ducked and ran...

Mother and daughter
    6863948089_58d9a9d6ff_b.jpg

Dude
    6863947467_0d751be0f9_b.jpg

Employees have it tough. "Boss attacks with camera"
    6863987217_4e3b1de1d3_b.jpg

• Like Like x 7
  2. bartjeej

bartjeej SC Hall of Famer

Nov 12, 2010
    bart
    nice shots! Hope you will keep up the peaceful vibes and not get anything thrown at you! :wink:
    I might be stating the obvious here but your employee looks stunning :eek: and it's a very well shot portrait, too!:thumbup:

• Like Like x 1
  3. Iansky

Iansky SC Top Veteran

Dec 8, 2011
    Cotswolds, UK
    One of the joys of the X100 is the silent shooting capability - nice images and it looks like you have mastered the X100 well.

Keep them coming.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Boid

Boid SC All-Pro

Dec 15, 2011
    Bangalore, India
    Rajiv
    Thanks! I'm still at the "wait hangonaminnit, forgot to turn the ND filter off..." stage of shooting. Having kind friends who just roll their eyes at you and stay put, helps.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Boid

Boid SC All-Pro

Dec 15, 2011
    Bangalore, India
    Rajiv
    Thanks for the kind words, but I have nowhere near mastered this camera. But it's a compelling piece of equipment, though it's painfully slow to get it to focus where you want it to, even in bright sunlight.

6. Iansky

Iansky SC Top Veteran

Dec 8, 2011
    Cotswolds, UK
    It does have it's quirks but it is well worth taking your time, make sure you have the latest firmware (it has improved AF) 1.13 and it is like many other cameras - you need to pick your point of focus carefully.

• Like Like x 1
  7. kyteflyer

kyteflyer ~@¿@~

Jan 31, 2011
    Newcastle, Australia
    Sue
    Great shots, bold. And listen to Ian. The update really does improve AF quite markedly... I wasn't going to update but I have now and am glad for it.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Having fun out there.

I have found most people don't mind as long as you are open about it. The few times I have gotten yet at was when I was trying to get a sneaky shot.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Petach

Petach SC All-Pro

Oct 22, 2011
    UK, Essex
    Peter Tachauer
    I don't like the word sneak....or sneaky. I prefer the phrase "to move silently, and with intent" :smile: I tend to hide in plain sight of my subjects and strike at the optimum moment. Sneak makes it sound as though what we do is not legitimate. We no sneak......we no use big long lens.........we get in, tuck in close for the moment we catch the light of life.

Just pulling your leg! But in a serious way :smile:

Oh, and nicely framed and captured, great colour too.

• Like Like x 1
  10. snkenai

snkenai SC All-Pro

Oct 5, 2010
    kenai, AK
    Stephen Noel
    These are excellent. Well framed. I don't have the nerve to shoot people with simi-wide lens up close, but I really like to see it when done well, and these are.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Boid

Boid SC All-Pro

Dec 15, 2011
    Bangalore, India
    Rajiv
    Still sneaking up on friends and their babies

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  12. kyteflyer

kyteflyer ~@¿@~

Jan 31, 2011
    Newcastle, Australia
    Sue
    I love that first shot. There's nothing quite like capturing the joy in a child's laugh :)

• Like Like x 1