1. Reminder: Please user our affiliate links to get to your favorite stores for holiday shopping!

So that's where I've been going wrong all these years...

Discussion in 'The Watering Hole' started by Lightmancer, Oct 29, 2014.

1. porchard

porchard SC Veteran

Feb 24, 2013
    Devon, UK
    I clicked the link and read (some) of that, and now wish that I hadn't. I now feel faintly nauseous. Not sure whether that is because it is such utter drivel, or simply because of my general aversion to the Daily Mail and all its works. The nett result is much the same though...:smile:

2. Jock Elliott

Jock Elliott SC All-Pro

Jan 3, 2012
    Troy, NY
    It was the fifth image down that pinpointed my problem.

1414557743162_wps_4_Girl_holding_camera.

Cheers, Jock

• Like Like x 2
  3. bartjeej

bartjeej SC Hall of Famer

Nov 12, 2010
    bart
    Well, as much as I enjoy bashing the Daily Mail, I think there're some useful pointers in there for people who have absolutely no clue about (digital) photography. They've taken on waaay too many subjects to go into any kind of depth, and there's some solid misinformation in there as well, but I can imagine it being a useful list to pique some people's interests and get them to explore certain avenues further.

• Like Like x 2
  4. porchard

porchard SC Veteran

Feb 24, 2013
    Devon, UK
    A fair analysis, actually.:smile: Ok, I admit it - I just seized on an opportunity to bash the Daily Mail...

• Like Like x 1
  5. pdh

pdh SC Legend

Jan 2, 2011
    The content is no more trite than that of most of the books that purport to offer guidance to the photographer, but what really concerns me is that Bill has been surfing the d**ly*m**l site consciously and with deliberate intent ...

• Like Like x 1
  6. demiro

demiro Serious Compacts For Life

Dec 15, 2011
    That's either a macro-selfie or someone who bought a vintage lens and is letting their OCD run wild checking for any speck of dust...

• Like Like x 2
  7. christilou

christilou SC Hall of Famer

Jul 13, 2010
    Sunny Frimley
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Lightmancer

Lightmancer Super Moderator

Aug 13, 2011
    Sunny Frimley
    Bill Palmer
    How very dare you, Sir. Step outside and say that!