1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Sold my RX1, picked up an X2

Discussion in 'Leica X1/X2 Forum' started by BruPri, Aug 13, 2013.

1. BruPri

BruPri SC Top Veteran

May 11, 2011
    Seattle, Washington USA
    Bruce J. Pritchard
    Didn't get on with the Sony colors and rendering.
    Always liked my X1 and M9, but as with most things, you don't know what you've got till it's gone. X2 is pocketable, still able to achieve really nice Leica look and pocket some change. Most of the memorable pictures I've taken have been with either of those two Leicas. Look forward to many more.
    Seattle sun-2.
    Sunny Seattle!

• Like Like x 3
  2. BBW

BBW Administrator Emeritus

Jul 7, 2010
    betwixt and between
    BB
    Good for you, Bruce! I found myself remembering my X1 the other day and thoughts started to drift.

Can you remember the X1 well enough to tell me about Lady X2? I seem to feel as though I'm in the market for another camera these days...though I'm not sure why.

3. Luke

Luke Super Moderator

Nov 11, 2011
    Milwaukee, WI USA
    Luke
    When you find the one that works for you, it's a great feeling.

4. Amin Sabet

Amin Sabet Administrator

Jul 3, 2010
    Amazing to buy a Leica and pick up some pocket change :).

I love the simplicity of those X cameras, and the images have a lovely quality to them for sure.

• Like Like x 1
  5. BruPri

BruPri SC Top Veteran

May 11, 2011
    Seattle, Washington USA
    Bruce J. Pritchard
    This is one of my favorite X1 pics, the one that sticks in my mind, technically not perfect but captures my imagination and why I love the X series.
    Seattle sun-3.

• Like Like x 5
  6. BruPri

BruPri SC Top Veteran

May 11, 2011
    Seattle, Washington USA
    Bruce J. Pritchard
    BB-I recall the X1 having a warmer, 3D rendering that the X2 does not have off the bat, probably due to the newer sensor. This can easily be adjusted for in LR.
    AF speed was never the X1 strong suit but for my style of shooting, it was fine, the X2 is a bit snappier. I adapt to any camera and I just like the size of the X2 and "pocketablility" Battery life is much better on the X2. When I shoot an X series camera at say a blue sky with billowy clouds, it pops, there's something about the X1/X2 camera and lens that really gives it a look that seems to convey the feeling that inspired me to take the picture in the first place. This is the main reason I went from a $2800.00 technically proficient but IMHO, sterile Sony to an affordable ($1300.00 used) smaller, Leica that has mojo baby! Yeah

7. BBW

BBW Administrator Emeritus

Jul 7, 2010
    betwixt and between
    BB
    Thanks, Bruce - that's great that you were able to find your way back and yet forward to the one you love.:clap2:

8. Armanius

Armanius Bring Jack back!

Jan 11, 2011
    Houston, Texas
    Jack
    Just like a good marriage? :)

9. Luke

Luke Super Moderator

Nov 11, 2011
    Milwaukee, WI USA
    Luke
    "Yo woman, get me a sandwich" :eek: ....... long pause....... never really works, but a man can dream, right? :flypig:

10. Duane Pandorf

Duane Pandorf SC Top Veteran

Apr 25, 2011
    Western NC
    Long pause my a$&. My bags would be on the front steps!

• Like Like x 1
  11. stillshunter

stillshunter Super Moderator Emeritus

Nov 5, 2010
    Down Under
    Mark
    Sorry Duane you're assuming Luke is saying this while the better half is in the house - let alone the same room. Hence the long pause. :wink:

• Like Like x 1
  12. stillshunter

stillshunter Super Moderator Emeritus

Nov 5, 2010
    Down Under
    Mark
    Makes me warm inside when someone buys a camera for its soul and not its popularity or pixels.
    I'm stoked for you Bruce :thumbup:

13. Duane Pandorf

Apr 25, 2011
    Western NC
    Mine knows what I'm thinking. So I have to be real careful! (8>)

14. Luke

Luke Super Moderator

Nov 11, 2011
    Milwaukee, WI USA
    Luke
    In reality, I think "Man, I'd love for Lauren to bring me a sandwich". She reads my mind (without telling, me of course) and then says, "Honey, why don't you go in the kitchen and fix us some salads".:boohoo:

15. Luke

Luke Super Moderator

Nov 11, 2011
    Milwaukee, WI USA
    Luke
  16. Duane Pandorf

Apr 25, 2011
    Western NC
    I guess we're getting a little off thread now! :tongue:

17. Luke

Luke Super Moderator

Nov 11, 2011
    Milwaukee, WI USA
    Luke
    oops......sorry Bruce. Totally derailed the topic. How about some more photos from that X2?

18. Biro

Biro SC All-Pro

Aug 7, 2011
    Jersey Shore
    Steve
    Hmmm... Leica X2. My Olympus VF-2 would work on that camera, wouldn't it? :wink:

19. rpavich

rpavich SC Veteran

Jul 17, 2013
    You know...I'm disappointed that this isn't a real "rangefinder"...If it were (and I'm not criticizing Leica for what it IS) I'd have one today. The draw (that is frequently stated by Leica owners) of their cameras is the "rangefinder" design and all that goes with it. That, coupled with amazing images are the real draw of the Leica "experience."

I'm not downing you or the camera, it is what it is, I'm just saying that in my opinion, Leica would sell a billion of these if they were a true rangefinder. Many people who wouldn't pay 8,000 for a body would gladly definitely pay 2000,00 for one...that's what I think.

20. BruPri

BruPri SC Top Veteran

May 11, 2011
    Seattle, Washington USA
    Bruce J. Pritchard
    That's the key, you said it yourself..."It is what it is" once one accepts that and approach a camera on it's own terms, you have a relationship, gotta work at it. I've had an M9/Summilux 50, stunning pictures, a lot of work focusing for me. X1 is close to the Leica in terms of image detail, but not a look, in my hands the Sony did what it was supposed to do but no more, most of the images left me unmoved, now that's just me mind you. I personally find I can happily snap photos all day with an M9 or these little X series and I smile when i see most of them. The colors and rendering are very pleasing to me.