Some Autumn Scenery

tonyturley

Legend
Name
Tony
... on the final Saturday of October 2016. Gorgeous weather, and stunning scenery. Ran into lots of people almost everywhere, except my hike to lower Marr Branch, one of many wild, rugged creeks in WV's New River Gorge. I had to work hard to get to some of these photo locations. It was worth it. Selection of images from my Fuji X30 and Olympus E-M5 + 12mm f/2.

TA290271-1.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

TA290283-1.jpg

TA290289-1.jpg

DSCF4380-1.jpg

DSCF4401-1.jpg

DSCF4396-1.jpg

DSCF4385-1.jpg

DSCF4370-1.jpg

Good to see a little running water. It is dry as a bone in Tennessee!
It was very dry here before we had a couple of days of good soaking rain about 10 days ago. Even at that, this creek is running much lower than I've seen it. We went from devastating and deadly floods in June, to one of the driest summers on record for us.

Thought I'd revive my thread from last year. Autumn is my favorite time of year, and I'm already noticing widespread signs of senescence around here. It's even more pronounced in WV's higher elevations. Here is Cornus florida, Common Flowering Dogwood, with its fruit beginning to show the characteristic bright red. Dogwood, Sourwood, Blackgum, and Red Maple are already on the way to displaying their Autumn crimson.

P1020499D.JPG

Back