Some beautiful M4/3 photography.

Discussion in 'Micro Four Thirds Forum' started by Pelao, Jun 17, 2011.

1. Pelao

Pelao SC All-Pro

Jul 11, 2010
    Ontario, Canada
    Stephen
    Found this guy's stuff while wandering the web. he has a few paragraphs on 2 years with M4/3. Click the main image for the slideshow. He is kind of good at this photography thing...

page x slideshow 1

• Like Like x 3
  2. christilou

christilou SC Hall of Famer

Jul 13, 2010
    Sunny Frimley
    Oh wow, what a wonderful set of pictures! I'm speechless :)

3. pdh

pdh SC Legend

Jan 2, 2011
    how interesting .. I looked at them and experienced them as utterly empty and sterile!
    ... chacun à son goût and all that

4. Ray Sachs

Ray Sachs SC Legend

Sep 21, 2010
    Not too far from Philly
    you should be able to figure it out...
    I've seen that page before. I'm somewhere in the midst of the reactions. I like some of it quite a bit and some of it somewhat and some of it not at all. I think my favorite photos are the first two landscape shots - I found those pretty breathtaking, particularly the first. And the shoes. But a lot of it doesn't particularly move me.

-Ray

5. Pelao

Pelao SC All-Pro

Jul 11, 2010
    Ontario, Canada
    Stephen
    I would find it unusual if anyone liked all of a person's photography to the point of being moved by it.

I always have two mindsets in viewing photographs: the personal (what moves me) and the professional. As a Creative Director I appreciate an eye in designers, photographers, cameramen etc for what is effective in an image, knowing the result can be used to attract a target audience. I may not find an image moving, but I know what is needed for the audience I am assigned to chase.

In this case, I see a photographer with a strong eye and good technique. In addition, I find some of the images very attractive personally.

• Like Like x 2
  6. deirdre

deirdre SC Top Veteran

Sep 26, 2010
    I agree with Pelao. :)

7. mmacleodbrown

mmacleodbrown SC Regular

Oct 10, 2010
    London
    sums it up quite nicely..

8. Luckypenguin

Luckypenguin SC Hall of Famer

Dec 24, 2010
    Brisbane, Australia
    Nic
    Nice variety of shots, I think the photographer has a good eye for an image.

9. christilou

christilou SC Hall of Famer

Jul 13, 2010
    Sunny Frimley
    I'm always impressed by anyone who has "the eye" as I don't! I think the rendering of the B & W pics and the lighting in some of the the other photos does it for me. Perhaps the car pics were a bit dull but I really liked the rest of them.

10. Lili

Lili SC Hall of Famer

Oct 17, 2010
    Dallas, TX
    Lili
    loved the landscapes, cars were not my cup of tea, portraits were cute

11. Pelao

Pelao SC All-Pro

Jul 11, 2010
    Ontario, Canada
    Stephen
    Christilou / Lili

Car photographs generally have never really reached me either. I mean, I can appreciate a photograph of cars technically, but it's not something I like.

The one exception is old, rusted out cars. I like photographing old, decaying stuff, cars, buildings. My daughter (12) recommends more self-portraits, but I feel she is kind of missing the point. Maybe not.

12. Luckypenguin

Luckypenguin SC Hall of Famer

Dec 24, 2010
    Brisbane, Australia
    Nic
    From a purely technical point of view (including processing), the car shots were some of my favourites, even if they weren't the most interesting in the series :)

13. PapaDee

PapaDee SC Regular

Apr 18, 2011
    Springfield, Virginia USA
    David
    If I move to Italy, will I take such wonderful pictures?

Probably not. But thanks for the link.