Some interesting houses/buildings

hannahntilly

Veteran
Name
Peter
Royal Horticultural Society, Wisley, Surrey

X100WisleyBWHDR.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

The Gothic Tower, Pains Hill, Surrey

X100gothictower.jpg

Titsey Place, Surrey

G3%2020mm%20Titsey%20Place%201_zpse39de36f.jpg

Chartwell, Kent

X100Chartwell4.jpg

The sun came out again today though it has been bitterly cold. We're a bit spoilt for historic old buildings in Surrey & Kent. This is Tenchley's Manor in Limpsfield, Surrey. A very picturesque 16th century gem in a wonderful spot.

8557093575_456451ec86_b.jpg

P1050895.jpg by nearlycossack, on Flickr

8558207612_d9a868ea24_b.jpg

P1050897.jpg by nearlycossack, on Flickr

This is Ightam Mote in Kent. 14th century. (Shame I hadn't packed the 14mm lens....)

8558186284_84a3d267e1_b.jpg

P1020369.jpg by nearlycossack, on Flickr

8558221064_8f933352a5_b.jpg

P1020373.jpg by nearlycossack, on Flickr

These were conceived a bit more recently. When I visited BedZed, an eco-friendly development, a couple of weeks ago, it was a cold grey day. It looks a lot better when the sun shines.

8557083235_8ab6c2ee4a_b.jpg

P1050861.jpg by nearlycossack, on Flickr

8558196906_93f10a7eb8_b.jpg

P1050870.jpg by nearlycossack, on Flickr

Albuquerque Deco

I stumbled across this building yesterday, and immediately thought of the heyday of Route 66, though this is a couple of block away from its route through Albuquerque. I hope it will be preserved, unlike so many of building from early and mid twentieth century here. I think it, though not its color, is charming.

First two with X20, third one with E-M5 and 12-50 kit (I needed its wide capacity)

Lawrence I like these Deco buildings a lot

As a matter of special interest to me thinking of an X10 purchase how close can you get & still frame the building? I need to photo buildings & avoid exaggerated convergence

The first two are what I need, although the 3rd isn't bad at all it does distort slightly & in the wrong direction on the tower for me- I don't mind stitching a panorama

Lawrence I like these Deco buildings a lot

As a matter of special interest to me thinking of an X10 purchase how close can you get & still frame the building? I need to photo buildings & avoid exaggerated convergence

The first two are what I need, although the 3rd isn't bad at all it does distort slightly & in the wrong direction on the tower for me- I don't mind stitching a panorama

The 3rd is with the 12mm on the kit lens; I did not try to fix in in LR, although I probably should have. Skewing in Photoshop did not work. It was the only lens I had on me that allowed me to get the top from the same side of the street as the building. The 24mm equivalent just squeaking it in. The 28 eq. in the X20 did not get that wide. The middle of the street would probably have worked, but it's two blocks away from the Convention Center (where I'd gone to the car show), so the lanes were pretty busy.

I like these sort of deco building too, and they are getting harder to find as "progress" has its way.

8064677529_d69694e8ea_c.jpg

Untitled by ericarthur, on Flickr

This is part of the relatively recently renovated Hillcrest Hospital in Mayfield, Ohio on the morning my daughter was born. I liked the way the sky looked though the opening in the front facade while standing in the courtyard behind. This was shot on my smallest Serious Compact - my iPhone, which I really tend to like for outdoor shots.

I wonder how much the tilt of the camera plays a part - get that level & the shot should be less distorted

Once you know the limitations of the procedure it should be possible to take a few steps back to account for it

Back