Film Some new Ektar 35mm scans

There is something about the handling of film cameras that is missing in digital - From the moment I pick one up I just love the feel & the wind on is a moment of pause.

There is something about the handling of film cameras that is missing in digital - From the moment I pick one up I just love the feel & the wind on is a moment of pause.

I agree - there is something just so right about that action! I've actually considered getting an R-D1 just because it has a 'wind-on' lever, while retaining the convenience of digital.:rolleyes-74:. Since it's actually only a shutter-cocking mechanism, it is, admittedly, a slightly fake feature, but... what the hell?! :D

I've managed to resist the idea, to date - but if Epson were to release an R-D2 (with the shutter-cocking lever retained), then my resolve might easily crumble...:)

I find I really love the shooting experience of the Minolta as well. Love the viewfinder, the feel of the lenses, and the manual focusing experience. The cheap scans I got this time are frustrating, but probably wise, since a friend and I split a good scanner years ago. It's at his place, and if I like a shot a lot, he'll scan it hi-res for me. The lab wants like $20 extra to do them all at hi res.

Back