Sony Some portraits with the RX100

docno

Rookie
Never thought a pocketable camera could take portraits that look this good! My first week with the camera and loving it. [Click images to enlarge for detail]

DSC00431pp.jpg
DSC00387_1pp.jpg
DSC00416pp.jpg

Very nice. Just learning how to use this camera. Would like to know if you did much post processing or if these are straight from the camera.

Yes, all three were processed. They were in-cam jpegs, so I didn't do much. For the first and 3rd, I did some cleaning up of facial imperfections; in the first one, I also darkened the background (which was actually a turned-off TV screen behind her) and mildly lightened some shadows on her face. In the second one, I increased contrast a little (it was shot in a lift!) and added the vignetting effect since the background wasn't great.

The great thing about the RX100 is the detail and sharpness... I didn't have to adjust these at all.

Thanks for details. Agree these are great. I will have to try some people photos.

Yes, all three were processed. They were in-cam jpegs, so I didn't do much. For the first and 3rd, I did some cleaning up of facial imperfections; in the first one, I also darkened the background (which was actually a turned-off TV screen behind her) and mildly lightened some shadows on her face. In the second one, I increased contrast a little (it was shot in a lift!) and added the vignetting effect since the background wasn't great.

The great thing about the RX100 is the detail and sharpness... I didn't have to adjust these at all.

Back