Some S100 pictures this time...

Discussion in 'Black and White' started by Pim, May 12, 2012.

1. Pim

Pim SC Regular

Apr 21, 2012
    Eindhoven, The Netherlands
    Pim
    After posting some pictures with the NEX and PEN cameras, today I finally processed some of my pictures taken with Canon S100. First impressions: I am maybe a little spoiled with the bigger sensors from Oly and Sony, sharpness and detail is definitely not on par with these camera's, but no shame in that of course. It is still a very respectable camera and the only true pocketable serious compact in my opionion (the only one that fits in my jeans pocket I mean), so still a very nice addition to my small collection. Anyway, attached some shots from my hometown and the Dutch coast, thanks for looking!

IMG_0281-Edit. IMG_0293-Edit. IMG_0314-Edit. IMG_0328-Edit. IMG_0333-Edit. IMG_0187-Edit-Edit. IMG_0181-Edit. IMG_0142-Edit. IMG_0135-Edit.

• Like Like x 4
  2. christilou

christilou SC Hall of Famer

Jul 13, 2010
    Sunny Frimley
    These are processed really nicely and make a very interesting set of pictures :)

• Like Like x 1
  3. tdekany

tdekany SC Veteran

Dec 21, 2011
    Portland OR
    Fantastic shots!

• Like Like x 1
  4. bilzmale

bilzmale Super Moderator Emeritus

Jul 17, 2010
    Perth, Western Australia
    Bill Shinnick
    Nice perspectives in several of these and the B&W conversions are well done.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Julien

Julien SC Top Veteran

Jan 6, 2012
    Paris, France
    Julien
    Very cool shots with the little S100.

• Like Like x 1
  6. thekeddi

thekeddi SC Top Veteran

Aug 15, 2011
    South Australia
    It's an awesome camera for it's size! Not much comes close to it. Thanks for showing us the pics, they are really good!!!

• Like Like x 1
  7. bartjeej

bartjeej SC Hall of Famer

Nov 12, 2010
    bart
    Great shots! Love your use of wide angle :smile:

• Like Like x 1
  8. BBW

BBW Administrator Emeritus

Jul 7, 2010
    betwixt and between
    BB
    I agree, you've achieved some beauties! My two favorites are #2 and #4. I don't know what the writing means in #4 - and although it might make a difference - visually even while being ignorant I think the strong graphics, the reflected light on the ceiling (a bridge? a tunnel?) and the blurred nature of the bicyclist all work wonderfully together.

Very good black and white processing, that's for darn sure!

• Like Like x 1
  9. TraamisVOS

TraamisVOS SC Hall of Famer

Nov 29, 2010
    Melboune, Australia
    Nice composition too.

• Like Like x 1