Some shots with my wife's G9

Discussion in 'Canon Forum' started by gsaronni, Oct 29, 2010.

1. gsaronni

gsaronni SC Regular

Oct 12, 2010
    While I am waiting to the LX5 I am using the G9 from my wife, it is almost new, she is not very found of this hobby, but I think that this was a real nice camera 3 years ago. I really the 28mm or 24mm of my ex-GX200, but I am doing again three shots panoramas with it.

1 Small fungus
    IMG_0728.

2 Larun Train
    IMG_0660.

3 Xoldokogaina
    IMG_0696.

4 Jaizkibel
    IMG_0707.

5 Donamaria
    IMG_0711.

6 Peñas de Aya
    PeasAyaPano.

The dynamic range is the worst part of this camera, the last one shot was imposible to handle the extreme light conditions, and I had to do a pano of three shots to cover the mountain

I hope to recieve the LX5 next month, but with the G9 I think I can do good things, at least with good light

• Like Like x 4
  2. Mayank

Mayank SC Veteran

Jul 16, 2010
    India
    Some lovely images there with perfect color saturation. I love the G9, it continues to be my all time favorite camera :smile:

3. Streetshooter

Streetshooter Administrator Emeritus

Jul 12, 2010
    Philly, Pa
    Me two! My favorite digicam of all and still the benchmark I use before I buy anything.

4. Ghosthunter

Ghosthunter boo!

Sep 8, 2010
    London UK
    Andy
    Lovely colour and great detail!

5. James Murphy

James Murphy SC Rookie

Oct 2, 2010
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Oh man am I jealous. It helps to have a nice camera (G9 & GX200) and some skill (which you have). But I'm very jealous of your location (subjects). Guipúzcoa is pretty much my 2nd favorite spot on the planet (Hondarribia specifically).
    The writings and pictures on this site are making me lean heavily towards a LX-5 vs a m4/3.
    Thanks gsaronni.

6. pictor

pictor SC All-Pro

Jul 14, 2010
    Great pictures! One can see that the quality of this camera is very high. My Canon G12 is great, too, so I think that Canon's G-cameras seem to be excellent.

7. BBW

BBW Administrator Emeritus

Jul 7, 2010
    betwixt and between
    BB
    Super color and the sense of the sun's light is beautiful, too. I like that Larun train very much and would love to ride on it, too!

8. javier

javier SC Veteran

Oct 5, 2010
    Los Angeles
    Nice shooting and even though this is not my type of photography, I really love this one. :)

9. andrewc

andrewc New to SC

Oct 24, 2010
    Very nice shots! The detail is excellent as is the color. I've never used a G9 but I've owned a G11 and currently own a G12. The HDR setting on the G12 works beautifully and would have handled that last shot perfectly.