Some things that are pink and some things that are yellow

The pics out here are just awesome. The close shot pics of that green insect on the green leaves looks just stunning. If you could share what camera have you used..that'd be good.

Thank you Scott.

I decided a while ago as a general rule I wasn't going to give camera /lens details with my pics in the forum, unless I felt it was particularly pertinent to the context of the image.

All my stuff is hosted at Flickr, however, where the tags and exif are intact and will reveal all!

You may be surprised when you click through and see ... :D

Thank you Scott.

I decided a while ago as a general rule I wasn't going to give camera /lens details with my pics in the forum, unless I felt it was particularly pertinent to the context of the image.

All my stuff is hosted at Flickr, however, where the tags and exif are intact and will reveal all!

You may be surprised when you click through and see ... :D

I would encourage you to rethink this. Having so many different platforms represented here, it is nice to know what is being used.

It is precisely the plethora of equipment being used that led me to the decision to (mostly) not specify.

Cameras are for making photographs. I would prefer that my images, if they provoke any response at all, provoke one about the image and not the equipment used to capture it.

I like Paul's attitude about image over gear. I kind of cringe every time I see a thread titled RX100 does....... or E-P1 goes to..... or G15 shoots.....

I understand that people come to this website to learn about compact cameras and how they can perform. But an image thread should really be about the images. When I look at a sculpture, I don't ask what sculpting tools the artists used. When at the Art Institue of Chicago, there is no plaque next to the massive "A Sunday Afternoon on the Island of La Grande Jatte" to explain what brushes Georges Seurat used.

The photos above are great. I enjoy them on their own merits. I think if the photographer knows his/her gear, they can all get the same kind of technical quality pdh has achieved here. Especially when they click through to flickr and find out he was shooting an old Canon IXUS (or Elf on this side of the pond).

I too, have removed my gear from my signiture. I don't post much any more, and if I do it depends on the purpose of the post, whether I show the gear. If asked, I would respond.
I think, that many photos are posted to showcase the gear, rather than the subject matter. But in an open forum, that is very acceptable. If you are showcasing the performance of the gear, it is necessary to list the gear. But sometimes the gear list can "color" one's perception of the photo.

Back