1. Reminder: Please user our affiliate links to get to your favorite stores for holiday shopping!

Some thoughts while wandering with an RX100

Discussion in 'The Watering Hole' started by drd1135, Apr 22, 2016.

1. drd1135

drd1135 SC Hall of Famer

Jul 13, 2011
    Southwest Virginia
    Steve
    During our recent trip to Disney, I got really tired of carrying even the relatively small Olympus EM5ii and 60 macro. My wife wasn't using her RX100 so I tried that for a while. A pocketable camera was very nice. Before I get too excited I want to look at the results on a monitor bigger than the 3 inch LCD, but it was more fun to use than I had anticipated. If I am happy with the results, I will probably look to sell one of my mu43 bodies and lenses and look at a 1 inch compact. I suspect I will lean toward the rx100 iii since I really do need a viewfinder on bright days and it's one of the few with an EVF that is still pocketable. The zoom range is a bit small but the lens looks petty good. I know many if you have gone down this road before so I'm looking for suggestions, feedback, sage advice, random comments, etc. I currently have a Q7 and Coolpix A as my current little cameras.

2. rayvonn

rayvonn SC Veteran

Jan 19, 2015
    How do you find the image quality of the RX100 in comparison to your Coolpix A?

3. drd1135

drd1135 SC Hall of Famer

Jul 13, 2011
    Southwest Virginia
    Steve
    Still need to look on a monitor. I'd be surprised if the A didn't do better in low light. 16 MP in an APS-C sensor vs. 20 in a 1" sensor.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Luke

Luke Super Moderator

Nov 11, 2011
    Milwaukee, WI USA
    Luke
    I wish I had an RX100 of some sort to trade towards that OMD and 60mm :daz:

• Like Like x 1
  5. drd1135

drd1135 SC Hall of Famer

Jul 13, 2011
    Southwest Virginia