Sony Alpha 5000

Discussion in 'Sony E-Mount (incl. NEX, A7, A7R, A3000) Forum' started by Djarum, Jan 8, 2014.

1. Djarum

Djarum SC All-Pro

Jul 10, 2010
    Huntsville, AL
  2. Luke

Luke Super Moderator

Nov 11, 2011
    Milwaukee, WI USA
    this one should please the tiny camera crowd.
  3. olli

olli Super Moderator Emeritus

Sep 28, 2010
    Metro Manila
    It's a NEX in all but name. Sony said a while ago that they were dropping the NEX branding and consolidating all ILc's under the Alpha brand.
  4. Djarum

Djarum SC All-Pro

Jul 10, 2010
    Huntsville, AL
    I didn't see that there was a thread announcing these, even though that thread is a few weeks old. I guess it just suprised me of the "NEX" moniker getting dropped. It also begs the question if Sony is going to go entirely mirrorless in the future.
  5. Biro

Biro SC All-Pro

Aug 7, 2011
    Jersey Shore
    I don't think there's any question that this is the case. But owners of Alpha mount glass should be taken care of.
  6. drd1135

drd1135 SC Hall of Famer

Jul 13, 2011
    Southwest Virginia
    I'm hopeful they might settle down an emphasize the lens selection for a while.
  7. Brian style

Brian style SC Regular

Jan 3, 2014
    Lens selection has been Sony's Achilles heal since the NEX line started. They seem waaaay more interested in developing bodies than lenses. Which is obviously backwards for an interchangeable lens system.
  8. yakky

yakky SC Regular

Nov 30, 2013
    Not only does it show in quantity but quality of glass. Fanboys will love anything but the old alpha glass was just outclassed by Nikon and Canon.
  9. I disagree. I think Sony has done a respectable job in growing the original two lenses to the vast array available from Sony and other partners.

20 Lenses from Sony alone in the past 3 years is pretty good.

43 including other vendors

Granted perhaps the one you desire is not available, but that does not mean they are not trying,