1. Reminder: Please user our affiliate links to get to your favorite stores for holiday shopping!

Sony NEX 5N landscapes

Discussion in 'Sony E-Mount (incl. NEX, A7, A7R, A3000) Forum' started by norman shearer, Jun 22, 2012.

1. norman shearer

norman shearer SC Veteran

• Like Like x 4
  2. HeatherTheVet

HeatherTheVet SC All-Pro

Apr 23, 2011
    Scotland
    Heather
    Nice one! The tilt shift does lose that nice sky, but there are good points to both.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Luckypenguin

Luckypenguin SC Hall of Famer

Dec 24, 2010
    Brisbane, Australia
    Nic
    Love the second image. Actually I do also like the blurred sky on the first, but less so the blurred foreground.

• Like Like x 1
  4. madmaxmedia

madmaxmedia SC Veteran

Nov 10, 2010
    Los Angeles
    Was the tilt-shift done in camera? I've never tried using it, although I love tilt-shift pictures! (I get lazy with the controls.)

5. Luke

Luke Super Moderator

Nov 11, 2011
    Milwaukee, WI USA
    Luke
    I'm a sucker for a good tilt-shift........looks like a model railroad bridge.....love it. I also love the second.

• Like Like x 1
  6. norman shearer

norman shearer SC Veteran

Yes in camera - though there appears to be no adjustment to the effect - just line up the thin strip that is in focus..

7. bilzmale

bilzmale Super Moderator Emeritus

Jul 17, 2010
    Perth, Western Australia
    Bill Shinnick
    I prefer the more original shot. I like how the bridge divides the frame and that is an interesting sky.

8. BBW

BBW Administrator Emeritus

Jul 7, 2010
    betwixt and between
    BB
    A dreamlike scene, Norman!

I like the deeper colors in the first but I think that I, like Bill, prefer your second which I think is closer to "real". Whether tilt shifted or RAW - I would love to be walking around that area myself! Beautiful and for some of us not your everyday view.