Sony RX10 for $937. Should be open box but reported to be new.

I certainly see your point, Bill. But, sometimes, a jack of all trades is what you need. In the case of a camera like the Olymous Stylus 1, the camera is small enough when powered down to fit in a jacket or coat pocket...

...and there's the rub. I would argue that the Stylus I is a "compact" rather than a "bridge", its pocketability being a defining (form) factor. If I am carrying a bridge, I may as well be carrying a more capable camera.

Sent from another Galaxy

Regarding the X10, I kept forgetting the V1 + 10-100mm that I already have. My GAS for the X10 nearly evaporated when I realized the V1 is much better at focusing, is just as good of an imager unless the light is really low, and is about the same size, or a bit smaller.

Plus on the V1 I can fit a prime or two when the need strikes. :)

Regarding the X10, I kept forgetting the V1 + 10-100mm that I already have. My GAS for the X10 nearly evaporated when I realized the V1 is much better at focusing, is just as good of an imager unless the light is really low, and is about the same size, or a bit smaller.

Plus on the V1 I can fit a prime or two when the need strikes. :)

I'm interested that you said this. I had though of this combo as well, or even a refurb V1. Slower but cheaper with a bigger zoom range.

Back