1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Sorry Everyone!

Discussion in 'Site Information' started by Amin Sabet, Jul 23, 2010.

1. Amin Sabet

Amin Sabet Administrator

Jul 3, 2010
    We had some obnoxious spammers on here today, and a couple members were offended. I am in the process of trying to find the best way to combat this. Please accept my apologies while we shore up the defenses!

• Like Like x 3
  2. arpoador

arpoador SC Regular

awww ... what a bummer :(
    why can't people be polite & respectful online?

• Like Like x 1
  3. sonomichele

sonomichele SC Regular

Jul 6, 2010
    Texas
    damn, I missed the fun. But glad to know you're taking care of it, thanks!!

4. Brian

Brian SC Top Veteran

Jul 7, 2010
    What are the rules for commercial advertisements in the signature block of posts? Some posts coming in seem more like advertisements.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Herman

Herman The Image Stimulator

Jul 11, 2010
    The Netherlands
    Herman
    Thanks Amin. Do any rules exist for the usernames ?

• Like Like x 1
  6. Amin Sabet

Amin Sabet Administrator

Jul 3, 2010
    We're okay with using the signature for photography-related promotion, as long as the member isn't spamming the forum with useless posts to get the signature up in various places, and as long as the signature isn't an eyesore. It's not a very specific rule, but it's stated in our TOS. This has worked well for us at Mu-43, and we've only run into problems with it with two members there.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Amin Sabet

Amin Sabet Administrator

Jul 3, 2010
    There weren't any, but that's a good idea and I'll put some rules in for that.

I just made a lot of changes. New registrants now have to answer a question and verify email (unless they register through Facebook), which should get rid of most bots. Also, new members are no longer permitted to email or PM other members using our board until they have at least 3 posts.

• Like Like x 3