Square format images

Absolutely, positively, beautiful! Christian! You don't need any other stinkin' cameras* or lenses! The softness and layers of thee petals, the interior... I feel as though I'm right there, drinking in this flower's beauty and perfume.

Many thanks for your appreciation and the reference to the film! You are right that I should be happy with what I already have and I am happy with it. Yet I am still looking forward to get the Leica 60mm macro this week. I hope it is fine because I want to use the 60mm for photographing flowers and the 100mm for photographing insects. Both lenses together cost about the same as the Nikon 60mm macro I returned and I gain two different lenses for two different applications.

It is funny that I needed the Nikon D5100 and the bad copies of lenses to find the joy with my Olympus gear again. I would have switched systems, if the Nikon lenses had been better. The moment I got so enthusiastic with the gear I already own was when I saw the shots I took with my Leica Summicron 50mm and the E-PL1 in the botanical garden. I was not prepared for the image quality I get from this combination.

5706790278_9a2f907f36_z.jpg

Olympus Pen E-P1 + OM Zuiko 50mm f1.8

Nic are you going to start a mu-43-stylee "Urban Images" thread over here by any chance? (plus a tutorial about how you produce the fantastic punch in the images you've been posting in it ... and in the one above of course )

Nic are you going to start a mu-43-stylee "Urban Images" thread over here by any chance?

Ooh, I don't know. I think at one point over there we had urban scenes, landscapes, cityscapes, designs, juxtapositions, impressions, streetscapes...I think that was all! Street-level urban images was the best definition I could come up with in the end. It occurred to me that it was probably the style of photography that I felt most comfortable with but we never actually had a defined category for it.

(plus a tutorial about how you produce the fantastic punch in the images you've been posting in it ... and in the one above of course )

Thanks for the compliment. Some of the shots on that thread are a bit older and use just Photoshop, but all of the recent ones use Silver Efex and in some cases (including the image above) Color Efex as well. There are some nice filters in Color Efex that work very well when used when used either before or sometimes after running an image through Silver Efex.

For a minute I thought they were invading wooden robots or extraterrestrials!:D

They look great in black and white and I think the angle and view you chose worked just right, Andrew. To me there's the tiniest hint of "looming" and maybe something a little bit sinister about these "unassuming hives".

Trying to just shoot B&W 6:6 (or 1:1) for a change. Not something I'm used to, so I'm learning.

20101227-EC271292.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

20110104-E1041353.jpg

20110313-E31316551.jpg

20110313-E3131659.jpg
In #2, I see a woman's head, face and arm reaching upwards...quite haunting... can you find it?

Back