1. Reminder: Please user our affiliate links to get to your favorite stores for holiday shopping!

Stanley Park,Vancouver - a warm fall day

Discussion in 'Scenic, Architecture, and Travel' started by summerkl, Oct 24, 2011.

1. summerkl

summerkl SC Veteran

Oct 11, 2010
    Vancouver, Canada
    Kevin
    A very good idea, coffee on the beach :smile:

20111023-_DSC0567.

Some old statues and new statues

20111023-_DSC0620.
    20111023-_DSC0577.

This picture looks serene but it was like walking through a minefield trying to avoid their droppings :eek:

20111023-_DSC0587.

The park juts out into the Burrad Inlet. First image is the east seawall and the next is the west seawall (with a different take on a bird's eye view :wink: ).

20111023-_DSC0597.
    20111023-_DSC0573.

Lastly, a few fall color photos ..

[​IMG]
    20111023-_DSC0553.
    20111023-_DSC0545.

Thanks for viewing ... these photos will help me get through the coming wet and gray weather months :frown:

• Like Like x 2
  2. bilzmale

bilzmale Super Moderator Emeritus

Jul 17, 2010
    Perth, Western Australia
    Bill Shinnick
    A lovely colourful set.

• Like Like x 1
  3. BBW

BBW Administrator Emeritus

Jul 7, 2010
    betwixt and between
    BB
    Agreed - a beautiful fall collection...the sunlight, the blue skies, the colors, the goose poop :tongue:... Seriously, Kevin - you live in a beautiful area and these give me a real taste of things out there. Will the winter really be that bad? I like your pigeon's eye view picture and commend you for bending down...considering the geese...and love that last one, especially.

• Like Like x 1
  4. summerkl

summerkl SC Veteran

Oct 11, 2010
    Vancouver, Canada
    Kevin
    Hi BB - who knew hobby photography could be so unsanitary :frown: Yes it was a glorious day to be outside - I have been shooting macros a lot lately so it was nice to shoot with a wide-angle. As to the weather, if you put any stock into it, they are predicting one of the colder winters for us ... brrrr.

• Like Like x 1
  5. BBW

BBW Administrator Emeritus

Jul 7, 2010
    betwixt and between
    BB
    You are a credit to the "hobby"! Let's hope those predictions are wrong. My husband is dreading the snow.

P.S. The colors in your pictures are fantastic!

6. AzPete

AzPete SC Veteran

Dec 24, 2010
    Hey Kevin, great shots. I was over in Vancouver many years ago and have great memories of it and Victoria Island. Let
    me see shall I say in the late 60's...were you born yet? :)
    Those were my draft dodging days....no just joking of course.
    Send us more....
    Cheers, Pete

• Like Like x 2
  7. summerkl

summerkl SC Veteran

Oct 11, 2010
    Vancouver, Canada
    Kevin
    Hey Pete, in the late 60's I had just escaped the hatch so to speak - no drug metaphors implied :) Photography continues to be a wonderful journey ... a walk in the park used to be an enjoyable mindless day. Now I'm more aware of my surroundings and appreciating all that is in it ... although some may still say I'm mindless :)

• Like Like x 2
  8. nice

Looks like a very nice, enjoyable day.