Started using my D300 again

Discussion in 'The Watering Hole' started by BillN, Jun 4, 2011.

1. BillN

BillN SC Hall of Famer

Aug 25, 2010
    S W France
    Bill
    Great to have an OVF and the so so logical Nikon user controls - it really is a "great piece of kit"

I felt liberated

Unfortunately I dropped it from about 18 inches, (40mm??) - I was reaching for my glass of white wine when I knocked it off a low table

seems to be OK - it had my old, 1976, I think!, MF Nikkor 55mm f1.2 on the front of it - which it a big "piece of glass" and weighs more than the camera - fortunately I have a UV filter attached - just bent the filter ring and chipped the filter glass.

must start "lifting" weights as obviously I'm not "used" to it after a few months using my S95, G1, EP1 etc.

Hopefully a few "Hail Mary's" and a small altar sacrifice and I'll be OK

• Like Like x 2
  2. pictor

pictor SC All-Pro

Jul 14, 2010
    If it were only 40mm... You dropped your Nikon 45.72cm! You have to be very, very lucky, if there is no damage.

The D300 is a great camera and I am sure, that your Nikkor is a great lens. This camera is perfect apart from the weight.

• Like Like x 1
  3. BillN

BillN SC Hall of Famer

Aug 25, 2010
    S W France
    Bill
    exactly right - sorry I had one of my "George Bush" moments!!!

• Like Like x 1
  4. BBW

BBW Administrator Emeritus

Jul 7, 2010
    betwixt and between
    BB
    Gosh, Bill - I am so glad it didn't land on your foot - and that nothing was seriously hurt. See, there's an example for why I've got to go find me a filter for my X100!

Looking forward to seeing some of your pictures!