Fuji Still enjoying my X100!

Sapphie

Regular
Still enjoying my X100

6695362923_d2f4b86caf_b.jpg

6695357421_fd3d8be959_b.jpg

6695355769_1b81167488_b.jpg

Lee

And well you should be! Sapphie, I've been deep within our Single In January project and have sworn myself to only using the Fuji X100's younger sibling...the X10, but I do miss the X100 and seeing these...well...:cloud-9-039: Your third, especially, knocks my socks off with that reflection. The tonal range is beautiful!

I'm with BB, #3 does show-off the tonal range of the X100. A capable camera especially in hands such as yours Lee! Hope it sees you through the moments of many more years.

The X100 is a superb camera and you should be pleased with the results you are getting, it has it's foibles but is well worth sticking with and I wish you luck.

Thanks all for the kind comments. I just don't understand the complaints about the X100 (mostly about focusing) on other forums. Anyway, just thought I'd add that that third shot 'came out' at DR400, ISO 800. I leave it on auto ISO, auto DR most of the time now I am shooting JPG. I was also experimenting with shadow and highlight tones on medium hard. This sort of shot was the nice kind of impromptu ones that are so easy with the X100. I don't need no X1-Pro!

Lee

Sapphie

You have a great eye, and you are capturing the great tones of Devon.

As for the x100 - I never grabbed one, but not because of it's weaknesses: I just prefer a range of lenses. But I agree with you that every camera has it's foibles, but there is no way those of the X100 are holding you back...

And well you should be! Sapphie, I've been deep within our Single In January project and have sworn myself to only using the Fuji X100's younger sibling...the X10, but I do miss the X100 and seeing these...well...:cloud-9-039: Your third, especially, knocks my socks off with that reflection. The tonal range is beautiful!

Thanks for all your kind comments. I am curious, BB, about your X10 comment. I was wondering about getting one of these for its extra versatility perhaps? Do think I would find it lacking compared to the X100?

Lee

Lee, what it is lacking is that fantastic hybrid viewfinder - and the larger fantastic image file. That said, the wider angle and "faster" feeling I have of auto focus (which I need - that is the AF) and its smaller size...plus the option to change focal lengths is a big plus. The OVF is bright and clear...however it can't compare to the X100's.

Initially I bought the X10, tried it liked it but felt guilty about buying it... Well after about two weeks, I purchased one again. It is a very good camera for serious photography as well as for "snapshots"...for pictures one wants to take of family, friends, trips, etc. The X100 can be used for all these things, too...but the X10, in my opinion, offers some more options...

You ought to read through our X10 threads, if you haven't...to read other people's opinions. Ray also has both of these and finds them both worth having. It's such an individual thing, Lee. I only have these two cameras. Do I need both? No, not really...but I do like having them both.

The X10 is a lot of fun, extremely versatile small with a fast zoom, all that being said it does not produce the IQ one can get out of the X100

Back