Streetshooter shares his secrets...

Discussion in 'Street and Documentary' started by Ray Sachs, Jan 1, 2011.

1. Ray Sachs

Ray Sachs SC Legend Subscribing Member

Sep 21, 2010
    Not too far from Philly
    you should be able to figure it out...
    My daughter and I had the distinct pleasure of meeting up with Don (streetshooter) in Philly at the annual insanity known as the Mummer's Parade today. Over lunch, he demonstrated his unique methodology for making a photograph. Really a start from scratch kind of guy...

First, he needs a camera, so abracadabra, he works his magic...

<a href="http://www.flickr.com/photos/20889767@N05/5313151893/" title="How Shooter Makes a Photo by ramboorider1, on Flickr">[​IMG]"1024" height="774" alt="How Shooter Makes a Photo" /></a>

And VIOLA!!! A camera appears...

<a href="http://www.flickr.com/photos/20889767@N05/5313151973/" title="How Shooter Makes a Photo (1) by ramboorider1, on Flickr">[​IMG]"1024" height="774" alt="How Shooter Makes a Photo (1)" /></a>

And then, in a process the rest of us are slightly more familiar with, he raises said camera to his eye and shoots...

<a href="http://www.flickr.com/photos/20889767@N05/5313744968/" title="How Shooter Makes a Photo (2) by ramboorider1, on Flickr">[​IMG]"1024" height="774" alt="How Shooter Makes a Photo (2)" /></a>

A real pleasure to put a voice and an actual living face with the name and photographs we've gotten to know here and over at the Micro Four-Thirds forum!

Thanks Don! And now that his secret is out, we're all gonna have to start shooting the quality of work Don is known for! :smile: :smile: :smile:

-Ray

• Like Like x 6
  2. AzPete

AzPete SC Veteran

Dec 24, 2010
    Ray, thanks again for the thread. It is nice to see SS's face on the site.... He's not as old as I thought:wink:
    Cheers,
    Pete

• Like Like x 1
  3. Will

Will SC All-Pro

Aug 30, 2010
    England
    Definitely magical, the camera appears to have changed between images?

• Like Like x 1
  4. Ray Sachs

Ray Sachs SC Legend Subscribing Member

Sep 21, 2010
    Not too far from Philly
    you should be able to figure it out...
    He didn't like the first one so he said the incantations and waved his hands again until he got what he liked. I just didn't think it prudent to show ALL the steps! If only camera acquisition were that easy...

-Ray

• Like Like x 2
  5. BBW

BBW Administrator Emeritus S.C. Charter Member

Jul 7, 2010
    betwixt and between
    BB
    Ray, I'm so glad you posted this over here, as well. Love to see that you guys finally got together and that you brought one of your daughters along (oh wait, we can't see that yet...hopefully the Magician will help us out here?) - however, I am quite jealous!

Sometime this year, within the next 363 days I want to get in on the action with you guys, too. I'd better add that to my plans on the 2011 thread.:drinks:

6. BillN

BillN SC Hall of Famer Subscribing Member

Aug 25, 2010
    S W France
    Bill
    wait now, appearances can be deceptive!

7. Streetshooter

Streetshooter Administrator Emeritus S.C. Charter Member

Jul 12, 2010
    Philly, Pa