1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Strolling London - GXR/Zeiss 21mm

Discussion in 'Stroll Photography' started by Petach, Jun 4, 2014.

1. christilou

christilou SC Hall of Famer

Jul 13, 2010
    Sunny Frimley
    Excellent, love them all and your processing. Good use of your time I would say :)

2. Pim

Pim SC Regular

Apr 21, 2012
    Eindhoven, The Netherlands
    Pim
    Great pictures from one of my favorite cities....!

3. Ray Sachs

Ray Sachs SC Legend

Sep 21, 2010
    Not too far from Philly
    you should be able to figure it out...
    I'm loving your recent stuff Pete. You're clearly transitioning away from (or taking a vacation from) shooing people on the streets to making incredible images of the streets themselves. I like some more than others, but REALLY like too many to point out individually...

-Ray

4. nickthetasmaniac

nickthetasmaniac SC Veteran

Jan 20, 2014
    Launceston & Sydney
    Nick Clark
    Love them all, especially the second one :smile:

'untitled-83' - is it just me or does the Zeiss 21mm have a ridiculously crisp 10-blade aperture?

5. KillRamsey

KillRamsey SC Hall of Famer

Jun 20, 2012
    Cambridge, MA
    Kyle
    Specifically on 83, it looks like 4 images stacked? I see 3 distinct images of the bus holding still, and in the same plan of travel I see light trails that extend back behind the last "static" bus... Curious how you wound up with that.

6. Petach

Petach SC All-Pro

Oct 22, 2011
    UK, Essex
    Peter Tachauer
    Thanks Kyle, This was a 10s exposure and it was happenstance that the three buses captured were either slow moving in traffic or pulling into a bus stop. Yes, curious effect and one I am happy to accept :0)

• Like Like x 1
  7. Petach

Petach SC All-Pro

Oct 22, 2011
    UK, Essex
    Peter Tachauer
    Thanks Nick. Yep, that Zeiss produces lovely star bursts when stopped down. Curiously though....not all lights in the same shot!

8. Petach

Petach SC All-Pro

Oct 22, 2011
    UK, Essex
    Peter Tachauer
    Thanks Ray, appreciate yours and others comments. I still do street.....in fact I did some this night but with the big 'ole 6d and 70-300 (unusually) I peak and trough with my street but I have posted some recently produced from the GXR/Zeiss. I thought I would miss the X100S in the same way I still shed a tear for my GRD3......but no! Loving this combo. Set it up and bang away without changing; hardly.

9. Petach

Petach SC All-Pro

Oct 22, 2011
    UK, Essex
    Peter Tachauer
    thanks Pim

10. Petach

Petach SC All-Pro

Oct 22, 2011
    UK, Essex
    Peter Tachauer
    thanks Christilou, much appreciated.