Olympus Strolling with the versatile Stylus 1

Lawrence A.

Hall of Famer
Name
Larry
I was restless the afternoon, but had no ambition to jump in the car and go anywhere. I'd already been out for a jog with the dog and been at the computer longer than I wanted, and I did not feel like sitting still long enough to read something worth delving into. So I took a walk, put the Olympus Stylus 1 in the case I wear on my belt and went out. I don't live in a fascinating neighborhood, but the weather was gorgeous. Here's a couple I managed to process this evening. I'll probably put up others. I find the Stylus a delightful little take anywhere, do anything camera. It is small, versatile, and puts out good quality images, especially at iso 800 and under, though it is not unusable above that. These are all iso 100.

i-RCQqJWj-XL.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

i-WKF4Pmk-XL.jpg

i-rXZ49QQ-XL.jpg

i-P2zHBkc-XL.jpg

i-nfTK22c-XL.jpg

Last edited:
And a couple of more from yesterday's stroll. Handy, that's how I'd describe the Stylus 1.

i-M6VqDwL-XL.jpg

i-JSPcPVD-XL.jpg

With thanks to our local graffiti artists and apologies to the local authorities, I really liked the colors of this one:
i-VgkwFGZ-XL.jpg

Nice sets, Larry. If I didn't already have my X10 I'd probably run around with an XZ-2.

I had an XZ-2 at one point, and an XZ-1 before that. The thing I like about the Stylus 1 is the 28-300mm (equiv) zoom and the constant f2.8 aperture, and the built in viewfinder, of course. I can't use an LCD to shoot and always had to put the VF2 on my XZ cameras.

I love the X10, too, and may pick up another down the road, but first there are some costly items to add to my m43 kit.

Back