1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Sunday Morning Walkabout with X-Pro1

Discussion in 'Fuji X Forum' started by Penfan2010, Sep 9, 2012.

1. Penfan2010

Penfan2010 SC Top Veteran

Jul 21, 2012
    NJ, USA
    Ed
    Took my new X-Pro 1 for a proper test-drive around town this morning. All with the 35mm F1.4 using primarily Aperture priority shooting mode. What I really appreciate about the analog controls on the lens and top deck is I can double check my settings with a quick glance as I am bringing the camera up to eye level for a shot--I've forgotten how great it is to have that additional info. Still need more practice with the OVF using the 50mm FOV, though. Surprisingly, it is much lighter and easier to hold for extended periods than I first thought.

• Like Like x 7
  2. drd1135

drd1135 SC Hall of Famer

Jul 13, 2011
    Southwest Virginia
    Steve
    That last one is quite the self-portrait. The shots look very sharp and with high res.

• Like Like x 1
  3. BruPri

BruPri SC Top Veteran

May 11, 2011
    Seattle, Washington USA
    Bruce J. Pritchard
    You can't really ask anything better than this!

• Like Like x 1
  4. Luckypenguin

Luckypenguin SC Hall of Famer

Dec 24, 2010
    Brisbane, Australia
    Nic
    You have a nice eye for smaller details. Wonderful colours, too.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Luke

Luke Super Moderator

Nov 11, 2011
    Milwaukee, WI USA
    Luke
    these are the kind of shots I like to take (but am not very good at). Well seen, Ed.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Penfan2010

Penfan2010 SC Top Veteran

Jul 21, 2012
    NJ, USA
    Ed
    Thanks, all, for the comments. It's because I gravitate towards taking these types of photos that precise framing via an EVF is important to me. To date my E-p2 +VF-2 have served me well in this regard, but the built-in EVF + analog controls of the X-E1 (plus the beautiful Fuji sensor files) trump the Oly, in my book. Look out for major sale of m43 equipment soon. :smile: