Sunday Morning

Discussion in 'Color' started by kyteflyer, Dec 3, 2011.

1. kyteflyer

kyteflyer ~@¿@~

Jan 31, 2011
    Newcastle, Australia
    I went out to shoot with the K-5 but had forgotten to charge the battery. Got a few, very early, but not postable here (or anywhere, they were pretty much rubbish)..

However, the X100 and XZ1 came in very handy.. And I must say I am becoming more enamoured of the XZ1 as the days wear on.

First, the XZ shots:

1) My favourite shooting spot: The Newcastle Canoe Pool (google it). Had the XZ on a tripod and a slow shutter. The sun wasn't even up yet.

canoepoolearlyxz by kyte50, on Flickr

2) Also at the Canoe Pool (around sunrise, its a bird bathing pool)

pelicanswade by kyte50, on Flickr

3) One of the afore-photographed pelicans had a minor tantie and left when I got too close. His mate didnt care.

pelicanflight by kyte50, on Flickr

Now a couple from the X100, both Shot in the same location as the others, but a bit later in the morning. Still during the golden hour.

onanysunday1 by kyte50, on Flickr

onanysunday2 by kyte50, on Flickr

And now, I'm going back to bed, because I was up at 3am prepping and getting myself down there an hour before dawn!
    • Like Like x 10
  2. Briar

Briar SC All-Pro

Oct 27, 2010
    Beautiful shots Sue, well worth the effort of an early rise.
    • Like Like x 1
  3. nice

Very nice and captivating.
    • Like Like x 1
  4. BillN

BillN SC Hall of Famer

Aug 25, 2010
    S W France
    looks cold! - the weather that is
    • Like Like x 1
  5. kathyh

kathyh SC Top Veteran

Jul 13, 2010
    Ottawa, Canada
    I particularly like the wave with the flying pelican. Perfectly timed shot.
    • Like Like x 1
  6. kyteflyer

kyteflyer ~@¿@~

Jan 31, 2011
    Newcastle, Australia
    Thanks to all!

@ Bill. It *was* cold. Weird cold weather for the first few days of an Aussie summer. I've even had heating on at night for a while just to warm up the room a bit. Therre was a cold cold wind down at the beach and guess who didnt have a jacket or jumper. Its summer... not supposed to need 'em.

@ Kathy. Thanks for that.. the pelican was agreeable and I was in luck! I think what amazed me was that I was able to get that when I have failed, over and over, to get similar shots with my DSLR. XZ rules!