1. Reminder: Please user our affiliate links to get to your favorite stores for holiday shopping!

Sunday sky

Discussion in 'Fuji X100 Forum' started by Iansky, May 6, 2012.

1. Iansky

Iansky SC Top Veteran

Dec 8, 2011
    Cotswolds, UK
    Out again today with the X100 and once again it delivers. I visited the old quarry machine site, no longer used and in a state of disrepair so a gradual demise is occurring.

In_demise.

Sky_in_layers.

Sun_Sky_1.

• Like Like x 5
  2. tr7dan

tr7dan New to SC

May 6, 2012
    I'm a great fan of your pictures but could you tell me please - how do you keep the exposure correct in the land yet get so much detail in the sky?

Dan

• Like Like x 1
  3. bilzmale

bilzmale Super Moderator Emeritus

Jul 17, 2010
    Perth, Western Australia
    Bill Shinnick
    All interesting and well processed.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Iansky

Iansky SC Top Veteran

Dec 8, 2011
    Cotswolds, UK
    I take my exposure reading from the highest point of the ground that I want to focus on and review the image to ensure it has captured good exposure and sky detail - I only use the Raw image and you can use the fill light slider to bring back foreground detail, I can also tweak a little more in Silver Efex Pro2.

5. Herman

Herman The Image Stimulator

Jul 11, 2010
    The Netherlands
    Herman
    Great work, thanks!

• Like Like x 1
  6. Ghosthunter

Ghosthunter boo!

Sep 8, 2010
    London UK
    Andy
    I looked at those images and thought ooooh nice clouds, I wonder what camera was used and was pleasantly surprised it was the X100.

7. Iansky

Iansky SC Top Veteran

Dec 8, 2011
    Cotswolds, UK
    Hi Andy,

I have to admit that the IQ from the X100 is astonishing and for me it is a great camera for all events except perhaps fast sport.

I parted company with my Leica M8.2 at the end of last year due to poor IQ above 800ISO and after a lot of reading, pondering and handling got the X100 as part of the deal - I have not looked back since and have to admit that the IQ from the X100 equals and at anything above 400ISO exceeds that from the M8.2+28mm Elmarit combo.

I am more than confident to leave the X100 set on auto ISO with a max ISO level of 3200 and the results are astonishing.

I have also read a couple of reviews where users have compared the IQ to the Leica M9 and found it to be on par!

All I know is - it works for me and delivers the goods.