Surprise! Presents included!

pictogramax

All-Pro
Now look what I got from NIK software:

Dear Milan Jovanovic,

We would like to express our sincere congratulations: Your picture was among the Top20 in the Nik Focused Vintage Photo Contest.

Your prize are 2 Snapseed Desktop licenses for Mac & PC – for you and your friends. If you already know who you want to give a Snapseed license to, you may give us the name(s) and email address(es), so that we can send the license(s) directly. If we have not received a reply from you within 10 days, we will release your prize for a new winner.

Whoa! What a surprise! When I left home for business trip, it was already over 3000 entries.

Here's my answer:

Hello,

thank you for organizing the "Vintage" challenge as the opportunity to show my work and eventually win something:) I'm genuinely surprised to be ranked as high because there were many great entries. Do you have a gallery with wining images somewhere online? I was out of country in finishing days and don't really know which one of my images made it to top 20. I would love to see all the other top ranked images also.

And thank you for 2 Snapseed Desktop licences. As I have already bought a copy earlier (and used it in PP of submitted images:)), I would like to give both licences to friends at SeriousCompacts.com. It's an on-line community of photographers where I enjoy shearing and learned a lot from.

I will post some kind of "lottery" there to determine two "winners" and will come back to you shortly to provide the two chosen e-mail addresses.

So my proposition is this:

Anyone interested in getting a free copy of Snapseed Desktop should state so by replying to this thread in the next 24 hours. Then Amin or Luke can randomly pick two names out of the bunch. We have to be quick as most of the ten days time-frame has already passed while I was abroad.

Good luck to all that enter the drawing!

Congrats on winning, I'm curious to see which photo did it!

I don't think I'd use it very much now that I already have LR4, so I won't be taking part in the prize draw - good luck to the contestants! :)

Thank you, all!

Even I do not know for now which one of my entries made it to top 20:-(

The theme was "Vintage" and each participant could enter up to 5 shots. All submitted images were confronted in random pairs and one would be eliminated while other got promoted further by public voting. When they significantly trimmed the selection by these on-line matches, a jury of professionals chosen by NIK software additionally combed the selection and decided on winners.

As I was out of country, first on holidays and then on business trip in the final stages, I'm not sure how it all ended. I'm still waiting on the detailed answer from NIK.

In the meantime, I'll profit to brag with all five shots:) You can choose your top entry among them and later see if your taste is tuned to the international jury:)

View attachment 60534

View attachment 60535

View attachment 60536

View attachment 60537

View attachment 60538

I belive there is a site for random drawing of given numbers, I just never used it. Anyone can help?

Milan, I'm not really interested in the Snapseed licences but a big thank you for sharing with the SCs community. And I'd be most interested in having a look at your work, as usual.

EDIT: sorry I didn't see the last few posts before posting.

Luke, it was certainly NOT my intention to muscle you out of this! And as there's that "random" site, there is no reason why you should not be a part of drawing. I'll assign the numbers and try to perform the "lottery" so no shadow will pass over your participation. Do not fall out!

Congratulations Milan! I didn't know they did snapseed on the mac/pc. i use it on my ipad and love it. Its very generous of you to offer these licences to the SC members. I say a girl can't have too much snapseed so count me in!

Congratulations Milan! How wonderful to come back to a win, and surprising by your response. A good surprise. Please include me in your drawing and good luck to everyone, what a generous gift.

OK, time's up and the candidates are:

1. Hyubie
2. Luke
3. LeoS
4. Briar
5. Isoterica

As it is not a long list and there are two licences, everyone stands a strong chance to win:)
I'll try to figure out how that random site works after we put our daughter to bed and will come back later with two winning numbers.

Good luck to all!

I managed to do it and here are the results. To keep it transparent, I took two screen shots:

BEFORE:

SC_NIK_DRAWING_-_RANDOM_ORG_-_BEFORE.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

AFTER:

SC_NIK_DRAWING_-_RANDOM_ORG_-_AFTER.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

So the lucky winners are Briar and Luke! Congratulations, both!
You should give me the e-mails you want NIK to send you Snapseed to. You can do it by PM if you prefer so.
I will then transfer them to NIK as the destinations for the two licences I won.

Hope to see your results later:)

Back