Table-top "bargain"

Discussion in 'Film Camera Forum' started by pdh, Apr 2, 2012.

1. pdh

pdh SC Legend

Jan 2, 2011
    Oh well after much moaning about the dearth of "bargains", I walked into the Monday market in the town hall today and picked up a Zorki-4 kit, including Orion-15 28mm f/6, Jupiter-8 50mm f/2, and Jupiter-11 135mm f/4, as well as a "BDB SUPER-SCRU" filter holder (?) and Supplementary lens, a Boots KL-6 light meter ... and a fitted faux-leather hard case for it all ... oh and a partially-exposed roll of Kodachrome-64 ...

all the glass appears in good shape (no fungus, no scratches but a fair amount of dust and paint particles within), and the Zorki shutter seems to work OK though the rf patch is rather faint, and the body seems to be in very good nick ... everything mounts and rf couples on the Bessa, and the Orion in particular is nice (despite it's f/6 maximum aperture!) as it's so tiny it doesn't block the viewfinder (as my CV Ultron 28mm does) ... of course, the R2a doesn't have framelines for the 28 and 135 ... but I can stand it.

All this for £40 (USD64) ...

• Like Like x 4
  2. bilzmale

bilzmale Super Moderator Emeritus S.C. Charter Member Subscribing Member

Jul 17, 2010
    Perth, Western Australia
    Bill Shinnick
    A nice pickup Paul.

• Like Like x 1
  3. pdh

pdh SC Legend

Jan 2, 2011
    thanks Bill.
    Of course after putting my glasses on I find a little fungus on edge of the front ele of the J-8, and the focus ring of the Orion is tad slippy, but for a tenner apiece ...

4. grebeman

grebeman Old Codgers Group S.C. Charter Member

Jul 13, 2010
    South Brent, south Devon (UK)
    Barrie
    Moral of that story, when you're a certain age, never leave home without your glasses :biggrin: Sounds like they are worth playing with to see what you get.

Barrie

• Like Like x 1
  5. krugorg

krugorg SC All-Pro

Sep 26, 2011
    Minnesota USA
    Kyle Krug
    Congrats on the haul!

• Like Like x 1
  6. pdh

pdh SC Legend

Jan 2, 2011
    that's right, Barrie, rub it in ... anyhoo, I've had them all on the E-P2 and they seem sharp enough ... at f/8 on the Bessa I probably wouldn't ever need to touch the focus on the O-15 :smile: ... I didn't have the heart to haggle much as it's the regular Monday jumble for a local charity

7. Luke

Luke Super Moderator Moderator Subscribing Member Affiliate Patron

Nov 11, 2011
    Milwaukee, WI USA
    Luke
    photos of vintage gear are always nice....hint, hint

• Like Like x 1
  8. pdh

pdh SC Legend

Jan 2, 2011
    Yeah I was going to do that later Luke, don't fret (does 1972 count as "vintage" now?)

9. Luke

Luke Super Moderator Moderator Subscribing Member Affiliate Patron

Nov 11, 2011
    Milwaukee, WI USA
    Luke
    it's almost as old as I am..... it definitely counts.

10. grebeman

grebeman Old Codgers Group S.C. Charter Member

Jul 13, 2010
    South Brent, south Devon (UK)
    Barrie
    Great, I'm 25 years older than it is, puts me in the veteran class I suppose, thanks Luke. Still, if the bits perform, then it will prove there's life in old dogs, Yippee :biggrin:

Barrie

• Like Like x 2
  11. pdh

pdh SC Legend

Jan 2, 2011
    OOps I forgot I said I was going to post some snaps ... here's something to be going on with ... the Orion-15 mounted on the Bessa (complete with rather nice Zhou half-case and Gordy strap ...)

[​IMG]

I loved this little lens on sight - so much so that I sent it away for a (bargain) CLA, and it now feels smoother than my Summicron :biggrin: - of course, with that maximum aperture, it's now my lens of choice for low light work ...

• Like Like x 1
  12. stillshunter

stillshunter Super Moderator Emeritus

Nov 5, 2010
    Down Under
    Mark
    Nice haul Paul. Photos of the whole on the way?

13. pdh

pdh SC Legend

Jan 2, 2011
    When we get some more light, yes ... it's started raining again ...