Take a look at this (upcoming instant camera powerhouse)!

Discussion in 'Film Camera Forum' started by MoonMind, Feb 10, 2018.

1. MoonMind

MoonMind SC All-Pro Subscribing Member

Dec 29, 2013
    Switzerland
    Matt
    • Like Like x 2
  2. theoldsmithy

theoldsmithy SC All-Pro Subscribing Member

Jan 7, 2013
    Herefordshire, England
    Martin Connolly
    Looks neat but way too expensive for my budget, I'm afraid.

3. gryphon1911

gryphon1911 SC Top Veteran

Feb 6, 2015
    Central Ohio, USA
    Andrew
    Agreed...neat idea, but I'm more than happy with my Lomo Insta'WIDE at the moment. I can appreciate what they are doing, but over $500 and it is a non-issue for me for this kind of camera.

4. MoonMind

MoonMind SC All-Pro Subscribing Member

Dec 29, 2013
    Switzerland
    Matt
    I'm in two minds about the Lomo'Instant Wide - it's quite capable indoors, especially when using the flash (I have yet to try the PC Sync option). But it often struggles outdoors - at infinity, it's less than acceptably sharp, even at f/22 (though an UV filter helps), and more crucially, exposure can be *way* off (usually, this means heavy overexposure). It's a really nice concept, and on paper, it does everything I need, but from the Automat Glass, I know what the film could do, and the Wide simply doesn't deliver on that level reliably enough; this is even more irritating when using the very nice black and white film. Now, if I can do my best to make sure that every shot is a success (or that at least *I* am responsible for failures), I'll be happy to pay that price. In the long run, upping the keeper rate will make it the more sensible choice for me. But of course, if you shoot mostly indoors and for fun, the Lomo'Instant Wide is more than adequate.

M.

5. gryphon1911

gryphon1911 SC Top Veteran

Feb 6, 2015
    Central Ohio, USA
    Andrew
    That is very true in regards to outdoor use. I mainly use it for indoor shooting at wedding reception for those people who want that kind of thing.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Luke

Luke Super Moderator Subscribing Member

Nov 11, 2011
    Milwaukee, WI USA
    Luke
    Obviously I am not the target demographic, but I honestly didn't even realize that there was a target group that wanted "instant camera" and "high quality".

Not sure why it didn't dawn on me, but now it makes sense.

7. Not really into it. Its *massive*. Gawd.