1. Reminder: Please user our affiliate links to get to your favorite stores for holiday shopping!

tapatalk via data connection

Discussion in 'Help and Feedback' started by teddoman, Mar 8, 2015.

1. teddoman

teddoman SC Regular

Apr 4, 2013
    nyc
    I intermittently have a problem connection via data. Today I was getting updates and alerts through tapatalk but couldn't actually access any of the posts when I was on a cell data connection. As soon as I got home and had a wifi connection, I was able to see everything.

Anyone else?

2. pdh

pdh SC Legend

Jan 2, 2011
    Speed and bandwidth problem, to do with your carrier, nothing to do with the forum software or server.

3. teddoman

teddoman SC Regular

Apr 4, 2013
    nyc
    Mayhaps, just seems odd unlikely bc I have LTE

4. pdh

pdh SC Legend

Jan 2, 2011
    I've no idea what LTE is.

The forum has a world-wide membership so if that's your 'phone or your local carrier, any problems may be particular to you or your carrier.

I always have slow access to the forum over slow G3 connections, and it's always fine over fast G4, and it's always fine on my laptop and so on.

Don't bother yourself, there's nothing Amin can do about it

5. teddoman

teddoman SC Regular

Apr 4, 2013
    nyc
    4G data, the newest and fastest

6. pdh

pdh SC Legend

Jan 2, 2011
    I'd talk to your carrier then

7. Amin Sabet

Amin Sabet Administrator

Jul 3, 2010
    @teddoman@teddoman - Polly is right. The fact that you had no problem over Wifi eliminates the chance of it being due to the site or server. It's possible though unlikely that Tapatalk does something different when you have a Wifi connection. More likely it had to do with your 4G connection.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Lightmancer

Lightmancer Super Moderator

Aug 13, 2011
    Sunny Frimley
    Bill Palmer
    Bizarrely, since the world and their spouse is on 4G now, actual performance has dipped in many places because the infrastructure is not up to it yet. It will catch up but better performance for the next few months at least may be found by "capping" your device to 3G only. Once I acted upon that tip I saw a marked improvement.