Ten hours and fifty minutes in Prague...

Discussion in 'The Watering Hole' started by Lightmancer, Aug 21, 2012.

1. Lightmancer

Lightmancer Super Moderator

Aug 13, 2011
    Sunny Frimley
    Bill Palmer
    That's the length of my enforced stopover next Wednesday. I really don't want to vegetate at the airport all that time, so I'm thinking of finding a left-luggage locker (hand baggage only) and going somewhere. Now the thing is, I know Prague well... this will be the fifth visit... so it's not as if I can't think of places to go or things to see in the city - so, can anyone suggest somewhere or something different to do or see?

Sent from another Galaxy

2. pictogramax

pictogramax SC Top Veteran

Aug 18, 2011
    Belgrade, Serbia
    The old Jewish cemetery? But you've probably been there already.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Luke

Luke Super Moderator

Nov 11, 2011
    Milwaukee, WI USA
    Luke
    I'd take photos, but that's all I ever want to do when I'm somewhere that is THAT photogenic.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Lightmancer

Aug 13, 2011
    Sunny Frimley
    Bill Palmer
    <a href="http://www.flickr.com/photos/lightmancer/3304471178/" title="Prague Jewish Cemetery 4 by Lightmancer, on Flickr">"800" height="450" alt="Prague Jewish Cemetery 4"></a>

<a href="http://www.flickr.com/photos/lightmancer/6837004142/" title="Prague Jewish Cemetery 3 by Lightmancer, on Flickr">"800" height="502" alt="Prague Jewish Cemetery 3"></a>

...and therein lies my problem. I might just go and shoot "street", but ideally I would like to have a clearer "objective" :smile:

• Like Like x 2
  5. pictogramax

pictogramax SC Top Veteran

Aug 18, 2011
    Belgrade, Serbia
    I'm into old and battered, hence the recommendation of the old Jewish cemetery. Of course you've been there:)
    Maybe you could just wander the street of Vysehrad (Vy), and combine the old ambient and architectural details with eventual street scenes?

• Like Like x 1
  6. Lightmancer

Aug 13, 2011
    Sunny Frimley
    Bill Palmer
    I AM old and battered! :crying:

Hmmmmmm... you may be on to something there...

7. krugorg

krugorg SC All-Pro

Sep 26, 2011
    Minnesota USA
    Kyle Krug
    What about going outside of the city center? When I was there, we stayed at a guesthouse just up the hill (no clue where now) from downtown. I thought it was really interesting with the more modern Soviet style (I think?) apartment buildings and then the occasional very old house. It's such a contrast from the more-fairytale-than-even-Disney reality of the city center.

8. Lightmancer

Aug 13, 2011
    Sunny Frimley
    Bill Palmer
    Well, I did it...

There was a very rude man there...

<a href="http://www.flickr.com/photos/lightmancer/7909487282/" title="Prague X10 Parade 3 by Lightmancer, on Flickr">"689" height="1024" alt="Prague X10 Parade 3"></a>

...and some very pretty ladies...

<a href="http://www.flickr.com/photos/lightmancer/7909466630/" title="Prague X10 Parade 1 by Lightmancer, on Flickr">"1024" height="768" alt="Prague X10 Parade 1"></a>

More here...

Prague stopover - a set on Flickr

These are all from my X10. I shot three rolls with my Leica II, too, but I haven't had a chance to develop them yet!

• Like Like x 2
  9. Luke

Luke Super Moderator

Nov 11, 2011
    Milwaukee, WI USA
    Luke
    These are nice Bill....I'll check the set on flickr when I have time to linger.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Olivier Duong

Olivier Duong SC Regular

Jul 16, 2012
    You can find pretty ladies anywhere. Rude men with long grey hair and tribal design? In Prague only! The one with the man is great

• Like Like x 1
  11. Luke

Luke Super Moderator

Nov 11, 2011
    Milwaukee, WI USA
    Luke
    See....different strokes for different folks. More pretty ladies for me please. I see freaks every day.

• Like Like x 2
  12. Briar

Briar SC All-Pro

Oct 27, 2010
    Scotland
    Karen
    Bill, my set of Prague shots can be seen here I only stayed a few days before heading off to Budapest so I'm guessing I never saw anthing different from the average tourist when I was there.

I'm guessing you have already chased the babies up the tv tower.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Briar

Briar SC All-Pro

Oct 27, 2010
    Scotland
    Karen
    Can I put in a bid for handsome men please!

• Like Like x 1