Tethering for studio work

Discussion in 'Samsung NX Forum' started by greg, Mar 16, 2013.

1. greg

greg New to SC

Dec 7, 2012
    London
    Greg Fairy
    Does anyone know if I can tether my NX1000 to my pc for studio work please.

2. Hikari

Hikari SC Veteran

Jan 5, 2013
    Maine, USA
    You can use an Eye-Fi card.

3. greg

greg New to SC

Dec 7, 2012
    London
    Greg Fairy
    Thanks Hikari but the camera will already send previously taken pictures to laptop via wi-fi. I want to use the monitor on the laptop for live view during a studio session.

4. Hikari

Hikari SC Veteran

Jan 5, 2013
    Maine, USA
    You would just need a cable and a way to project your camera LCD feed. I know this can be done because that is how a lot of camera screen shots are taken. Unfortunately, I am unsure how simple that is. A long time ago it was just as easy as plugging in the camera to a TV.

5. James Wai

James Wai New to SC

Mar 7, 2014
    I had the same problem. A way around I tried was installing Android (Icecream Sandwich) through VirtualBox on my Macbook and installing Samsung Remote Viewfinder from Google Play. It works in theory. So I got the viewfinder app installed but it keeps crashing. If I can find a way to make not crash, I think the problem will be solved. Hope this helps. Let me know if you manage to get it to work. CHEERS!

Read this > Run Android 4 ICS In VirtualBox
    http://www.makeuseof.com/tag/run-android-apps-mac-os/

6. Brian style

Brian style SC Regular

Jan 3, 2014
    Doesn't that Smart Camera viewer app work on tablets? I can see pics I take directly on my phone after taking them. Not sure how it works on laptops.
    My point being, if it were me, I would tether to my tablet without needing any other software. I know viewing photos on a larger screen really help make sure you get the shot right.

7. romi.gilles

romi.gilles SC Veteran

Jun 8, 2013
    idk anymore. all over the country.
    romi gilles
    this.

(Sent from another Galaxy via Tapatalk.)