Thank you Amin……!!!!

Rich M

Veteran
It is that time of year to reflect and give thanks, I and many others, on the now five photo communities that Amin has set up want to thank him for his vision, perseverance, patience, consistency and sense of purpose.

Notice I used the word community……not photo site. I have forged friendships with individuals I have never met face to face. I have gained insight into the artistic vision of others across the globe. I have asked and gotten advice on things other than cameras and gear. I have found a sense of place. I sometimes feel like I am in the old TV show "Cheers" (does that show my age?).

So…..on the eve of Thanksgiving, I would like to thank Amin and the tireless site admins for inviting me and others into their home and sharing.

Thank you Amin.

As I mentioned in the Mu-43 thread, thank you Rich - I'm definitely getting too much credit here but really appreciate your words. Due to personal/work/family matters, I haven't been so consistent at all here this year. I want to thank Luke most of all for leading here at at S.C. and also Bill (Lightmancer) for all of his contributions. I think S.C. more than any other site has that Cheers feeling, and while I spend most of my time at Mu-43, I do think of this as home base thanks to all of the members who make it so great. Thank you, everyone!

All I can do is echo Rich in thanking Amin as well as do my best Amin impersonation and deflect any praise sent my way.

I love this place. I really feel like I "know" a lot of the regulars (with 50 posts or 500). Thanks to the nOObs who joined recently and have been sharing images with reckless abandon lately and thanks to the wise, grizzled old vets whether you post a few times a day or a few times every month.....all of your posts help to make this place what it is.

I'm in a part of my life timeline where I won't have as much time to be shooting (or likely posting) as much as I'd like, but I still plan on checking in here whenever I have time. I'm embarrassed to admit that this is my first stop after my email in box. And then usually I have one more stop on the internet and I'm done.

I won't get to spend as much time here next year, but someone else will. And they will likely by funnier and more organized and more handsome (or prettier).

God, I wish I could either shake this GAS or find an armored truck full of cash. Happy Thanksgiving to all my friends.... even the ones who have no connection to the outmoded US (and sometimes Canadian) tradition.

p.s. - where do I find the B & H Black Friday deals?

Thanks so much, Rich - I think I'll be following you around these forums - and I'll add my own thanks as well.

Couldn't agree with you more, Rich - and you, too, Luke - except about finding anyone "funnier and more organized and more handsome (or prettier)"!

And Archiver I'm 100% with you on the real pleasure due to the people involved in these communities. Happy Thanksgiving for us "colonials", as BillN so often refers to us - and happy thanksgiving to all of our members for being part of this place.:drinks::grouphug:

The rarest commodity available on the internet is civility. The folks who run these forums have been persistent in maintaining a place where participants of all levels can discuss gear and techniques, philosophy and art, and, of course, images. A few minutes elsewhere always reminds me how fragile that combination has become.

Very much from the Old World here, but I do want to thank everyone involved in making Amin's group of sites - and SC in particular - such a wonderful place to be. Amin and Luke, may you have some delicious turkey today, and lots of good karma for creating and / or moderating this little spot of internet bliss! :)

Yes, thanks to Admin and Luke. Also, thanks to all those on this site. Great community!

Thanks to the spam-hunting mods!!!

Thank you Amin and thank you Luke and Bill as well. Hopefully those that celebrate have had or are having a wonderful turkey day with family and friends. Cheers all :)

Kristen

Back