1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Thanks Notifications are Back

Discussion in 'The Watering Hole' started by Amin Sabet, Oct 13, 2013.

1. Amin Sabet

Amin Sabet Administrator

Jul 3, 2010
    We unfortunately had to change from the old "Thanks" system because of halted development on that product, making it a security liability.

Some of you noticed that the Thanks notifications ceased, and thanks gained during the period that we used the old system were lost.

Today we were able to install a new Thanks notification system. You should, by default, get notifications for new thanks (when someone has thanked your post). If you want to turn off thanks notifications, go to your general settings and under the "Visitor Messaging" section uncheck the option for notifications on new thanks.

• Like Like x 8
  2. Luke

Luke Super Moderator

Nov 11, 2011
    Milwaukee, WI USA
    Luke
    Thanks for fixing this Amin.....and thanks for telling me how to disable it.

• Like Like x 1
  3. pdh

pdh SC Legend

Jan 2, 2011
    I just want to thank Amin too

... and Luke ... my Mother and Father ... my Agent ... the Producers, the Director and all my fellow co-workers ... the man who made the sandwiches ... the inventor of the vacuum cleaner ... and whoever it was thought of fitted sheets ... plus my ever inspiring Uncle Al, Auntie Lil, and their wonderful children my cousines Lily, Erica, Norman, Storman, Boormann, Doorman and Gordon ... not forgetting the liddle Baby Jesus, the Lord Buddah and of course not forgetting Allah ... [breaks down sobbing and runs off]

• Like Like x 5
  4. drd1135

drd1135 SC Hall of Famer

Jul 13, 2011
    Southwest Virginia
    Steve
  5. Jock Elliott

Jock Elliott SC All-Pro

Jan 3, 2012
    Troy, NY
    You forgot they guy who made the sprocket holes . . .

Cheers, Jock

• Like Like x 2
  6. porchard

porchard SC Veteran

Feb 24, 2013
    Devon, UK

:rofl: ... But, surely you could manage a little more fake sincerity...?:wink:
    Maybe you could dab your eyes with extended fingers, to stop the mascara running...:biggrin:

Edit: Many, many thanks to Amin for all the effort to re-instate this function...:2thumbs:

7. bartjeej

bartjeej SC Hall of Famer

Nov 12, 2010
    bart
    Thanks Amin! I thought the notifications were quite useful to know when someone has followed up on a comment you made, so I'm glad to see them return :smile:

• Like Like x 1
  8. TheRubySusan

TheRubySusan SC Top Veteran

Sep 2, 2013
    Henry, IL
    Ruby
    Thanks Amin! I find them useful, too!

9. donlaw

donlaw SC All-Pro

Sep 14, 2012
    Texas
    Don
    Very good, except you for got to thank Olympus, Panasonic, Sony, Canon, Nikon, Leica, Zeiss...