The Bureau - French TV Drama

Discussion in 'The Watering Hole' started by Petach, May 3, 2017.

1. Petach

Petach SC Hall of Famer

Oct 22, 2011
    UK, Essex
    Peter Tachauer
    Has anyone else seen the French spy drama "The Bureau"? I have had my eyes glued to the TV through series 1 and now 1/2 way through series 2. It is utterly brilliant! Not much action, but lots of dialogue and intrigue. Just when you think you know what is going on and who is really who.....the whole thing turns around and gives you something else....or has it? On the edge of the seat drama. Really!

• Informative Informative x 1
  2. kyteflyer

kyteflyer ~@¿@~

Jan 31, 2011
    Newcastle, Australia
    Sue
    OOOOH I think it might be on our SBS network. Must check. I love a good drama.

[Edit] and... nope. I was mistooken. Where's it screening, Pete?

Last edited: May 3, 2017
  3. Petach

Petach SC Hall of Famer

Oct 22, 2011
    UK, Essex
    Peter Tachauer
    I have it via my Amazon Fire Stick USB thingy. If you get it, shut your curtains...pretend you are out, phone off the hook, make a large pot of tea/coffee and a pile of sarnies.....and get your brain in gear. Twists and turns aplenty.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Luke

Luke Super Moderator Subscribing Member

Nov 11, 2011
    Milwaukee, WI USA
    Luke
    there's not much about modern life that is better than "the old days", but being able to binge-watch TV shows is definitely one of them. I'm currently awaiting the next series of "Bloodline". Super dark ..... and highly addictive.

5. kyteflyer

kyteflyer ~@¿@~

Jan 31, 2011
    Newcastle, Australia
    Sue
    I love binge-watching.

Sadly I don't have Amazon access for TV/movies. I'll have to wait til it comes to SBS which it inevitably will, unless it already did, and I missed it! Or maybe Netflix.

Couldnt get into Bloodline. I watched the first 2 or 3 eps but got bored, believe it or not. I've been Blacklisting :)

Of course, theres always channel BT

6. Luke

Nov 11, 2011
    Milwaukee, WI USA
    Luke
    I miss the Blacklist....the show they spun-off from it was not nearly as good.

7. Petach

Petach SC Hall of Famer

Oct 22, 2011
    UK, Essex
    Peter Tachauer
    The other show I binged on was "The Americans" about Russian spies living as Americans in the USA. I really liked it, but compared now to the bureau......it was light frothy entertainment.

• Informative Informative x 1
  8. kyteflyer

kyteflyer ~@¿@~

Jan 31, 2011
    Newcastle, Australia
    Sue
    Is it finished??? I thought it was still being screened in the US. NetflixAU is having to wait each week until after NBC screens an episode. Season 4 I'm talking about. Havent seen any spinoffs.

[edit] In fact, thats right. Its still being made. The Blacklist - NBC.com

9. kyteflyer

kyteflyer ~@¿@~

Jan 31, 2011
    Newcastle, Australia
    Sue
  10. Petach

Petach SC Hall of Famer

Oct 22, 2011
    UK, Essex
    Peter Tachauer
  11. Luke

Nov 11, 2011
    Milwaukee, WI USA
    Luke
    It's something with Blacklist in the title, but James Spader's character isn't in it. Check it out, but go in with low expectations. I'll need to look for the recent episodes of Blacklist. What we thought was a final episode, must have just been an end to a half-season.

Our current new show binge is "Longmire". It is a series about a Sherriff in small town Wyoming. I never would have guessed that Lou Diamond Philips could be so cool.

12. kyteflyer

kyteflyer ~@¿@~

Jan 31, 2011
    Newcastle, Australia
    Sue
    Yeah I've seen bits of Longmire, its OK. Fargo, too. I like Designated Survivor, but neither that nor Blacklist are currently bingeable because its an episode per week. Dammit.

I'm bingeing on my own stuff, but I'm thinking that "The YOung Pope" (Jude Law) may well be worth it.