The Christmas and End of Year 2010 Holiday Thread!

Well Christmas is nearly here, people are starting to put up their decorations (I always thought that was supposed to happen on 1 December), the shops are smartened up, the local council has put up its tree and I cannot wait until the "Crazy House" around the corner puts on its display (requring its own coal powered power station and heating up the Earth by at lest 5 degrees).

Well in my very little world, I helped put up the office Christmas tree. Not the most luxurous or impressive but when you look at it the right way, still festive.

Photo for the day - the office Christmas tree went up today...

5200660895_bc6e3361b4_b.jpg

The Office Christmas Tree 1 by peterb666, on Flickr

Olympus E-P1 and Voigtlander 25mm f/0.95 stopped down to f/1.4

Please post your local Christmas pictures.

Cheers

PeterB666

Oh crikey:eek: its started 'down under?' yes well the shops have here in Merseyside have brightened up ready for the scramble, I have bought some cards and a couple of pressies don't know what to do next:confused: but looking at your photo does make me feel a bit christmasy;)

Peter - wonderful! Your picture and everything about it makes me very nostalgic for the Christmases of yore. It's because your photo reminds me of an illustration from a childhood Christmas book - one that filled me with anticipation and wonder. Fantastic focus, reflection, textures - that depth of field is 100% perfect!

I am heading down in quality today for my Christmas shot. Consider it just a practice for a month-long orgy of Christmas themed photos leading up to the big day. Somehow I think I may skip a few days here and there.

5203507607_2279f0377c_z.jpg

Small Christmas Tree by peterb666, on Flickr

The issue here is that this is another shot from my workplace. One of the advantages of having the Olympus E-P1 and Voigtlander 25mm f/0.95 is that it does focus very close and it is easy to throw the background out of focus. Makes up for the rather unexciting environment.

Canon S95
IMG_0352.jpg

Nice one John. I just happen to have a bottle of this in my drinks cabinet - I might just have a drop before bed.

If you ever make it to Bushmills I can highly recommend the distillery tour - good samples at the end and if you get your hand up quick enough you can take part in a guided whisky tasting (spitting entirely optional).

Nice one John. I just happen to have a bottle of this in my drinks cabinet - I might just have a drop before bed.

If you ever make it to Bushmills I can highly recommend the distillery tour - good samples at the end and if you get your hand up quick enough you can take part in a guided whisky tasting (spitting entirely optional).

I grew up about 50 miles away, though I never did the tour. Made up for it later, though. ;)

Back