1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

the DP viewfinder for DP2M

Discussion in 'Sigma DP Forum' started by petemasty, Jul 24, 2013.

1. petemasty

petemasty SC Regular

May 24, 2011
    wiltshire, UK
    Has anyone got any experience of using a viewfinder on the DP2M?

Was also considering an LCD screen loupe.

It's really for use in bright light conditions

2. Prototype

Prototype SC Veteran

Jul 9, 2010
    Illinois
    Brian
    I used the official OVF (Sigma VF-11) on the original DP1. It worked well, but it was a bit expensive for the build quality. One benefit of the plastic construction is that it was a tighter fit on the hotshoe than a metal one would have been. I believe the VF-21 for the Sigma DP2/DP2 Merrill is built similarly.

For my Merrill, I use a tripod-mount clearviewer, but I don't like that I can't sit the camera flat on the table. I should have bought the hotshoe-mount clearviewer instead, or just resort to cupping my hands around the LCD when in bright sunlight.

3. pdh

pdh SC Legend

Jan 2, 2011
    I happen to have a vf21 for my dp2s. if you decide you want one,
    Drop me a pm as I might consider selling it

4. petemasty

petemasty SC Regular

May 24, 2011
    wiltshire, UK
    Thanks Polly. Certainly worth considering.

5. Ray Sachs

Ray Sachs SC Legend

Sep 21, 2010
    Not too far from Philly
    you should be able to figure it out...
    I have the vf11 that I've been using with the DP1M I have on loan and with the Nikon A. It's a pretty nice little OVF that I think I got for not too much over $100??? Framelines look right for everything except close work. It's small and unobtrusive but is visually pretty good - even pretty workable with eyeglasses. The DP1M is going back once I get home from Italy, but I'm gonna keep the OVF for occasional use with the Nikon. I'm sure the vf21 would be equally good with the DP2M.

-Ray