Sigma the DP viewfinder for DP2M

I used the official OVF (Sigma VF-11) on the original DP1. It worked well, but it was a bit expensive for the build quality. One benefit of the plastic construction is that it was a tighter fit on the hotshoe than a metal one would have been. I believe the VF-21 for the Sigma DP2/DP2 Merrill is built similarly.

For my Merrill, I use a tripod-mount clearviewer, but I don't like that I can't sit the camera flat on the table. I should have bought the hotshoe-mount clearviewer instead, or just resort to cupping my hands around the LCD when in bright sunlight.

Has anyone got any experience of using a viewfinder on the DP2M?

Was also considering an LCD screen loupe.

It's really for use in bright light conditions

I happen to have a vf21 for my dp2s. if you decide you want one,
Drop me a pm as I might consider selling it

I have the vf11 that I've been using with the DP1M I have on loan and with the Nikon A. It's a pretty nice little OVF that I think I got for not too much over $100??? Framelines look right for everything except close work. It's small and unobtrusive but is visually pretty good - even pretty workable with eyeglasses. The DP1M is going back once I get home from Italy, but I'm gonna keep the OVF for occasional use with the Nikon. I'm sure the vf21 would be equally good with the DP2M.

-Ray

Back