Ricoh The everything GXR Image thread!

One more from this morning's walk

This is the remnants of an old tree stand put up I believe by the previous owner of this land. It is testimony to the history of this place. (We also find, by the way, arrowheads dating back thousands of years, reminding us that the land was hunted long before our tree stands of today.) That is Poison Oak growing on the tree. The size of it suggests that it has been a very long time since these ladder boards were nailed on. Taken with the GXR A12 50 macro at f5.6 with ISO at 400, and the B&W is in-camera settings.

R0010568.jpg

As I said in your flickr stream, the colours on this are amazing, and a great composition.

Absolutely. I love stuff like this. Its the kind of thing I could probably walk by and look at 1000 times and never even remotely consider taking a photograph of it. And then I see this and say something like, "DUH!". Really well seen and executed.

-Ray

Country Parson, great shots, particularly the backlit one!
Krugorg, really cool! Love the colours and the three-dimensionality, well spotted!
Silverbullet, I love the dreamlike feel of this! I can't decide if I'd want to see some of the lower foreground (looks like there's a path there?), on the one hand it'd give it a stronger sense of place but on the other hand the dreamlike, realistic-but-slightly-detached-from-reality feel would probably disappear and that's what I like most about your image. Great job!(y)

Back