Fuji Showcase The Fuji X70 thread: Post em here

Spode

Veteran
Folks, though we be few, let's post some recent pics with the X70 here.

A reflected selfie to start. Note there is no fall here (1 degree north of the equator). I saw this house window and was attracted to it due to the curious plethora of vegetation that framed it.

DSCF4091-Edit.jpg

It is a hard camera not to like, small and light yet well made, it has replaced my Ricoh GR as my always with me camera and on those days when I want to travel really light it is the perfect sit in your pocket camera. I suspect many dismiss it as a serious tool due to it's size but for me it is very much a baby X100s that delivers great image quality and is inconspicuous for street work.

It is a hard camera not to like, small and light yet well made, it has replaced my Ricoh GR as my always with me camera and on those days when I want to travel really light it is the perfect sit in your pocket camera. I suspect many dismiss it as a serious tool due to it's size but for me it is very much a baby X100s that delivers great image quality and is inconspicuous for street work.
Totally agree!

I agree. I think because it has slightly more heft, my mind refused allow a one-handed operation for some time. But then habit surrendered to the flexibility of choosing a focus point with one finger and I only use two hands now to flip out or angle the touchscreen.

To be sure I am still playing with all the controls to ensure that the RAW capture is quickly addressable in LR like the old Ricoh files (that were a dream to work with). I have set NR to -2, sharpness to 0, shadows to +1, highlights to 0, DR to 100. As I shoot in JPEG + RAW, I use either Provia or one of the BW simulations that I later study to emulate in LR.

Any tips you can share from your own experience?

Thanks Alteesh for sharing your settings, I have to admit to only shooting RAW (yes I know) and I usually process in ACR, I do use the Chrome setting for all my colour work and it gives results I am very pleased with - note to self.............start shooting JPEG as well!!

Great atmosphere and drama. Wide open, self timer, tripod? What do you use to process your files?
Yes, wide open @1/15. I manually focused on the back wall, under exposed 1 and 2/3 stops to not burn out the lamp, and I didn't want the image to be too sharp. I've recently been playing with a JJC wire-less remote release, and a Manfrotto Befree one, one of many tripods I use for this self portrait series.

Raw file converted to Adobe DNG and processed in Photoshop with levels and contrast and de-noise with Silver FX pro.

Cheers.

Back