the GR Limited - great price

Luke

Legend
Name
Luke
I have one or two too many cameras right now. And I can't figure out how to get rid of them (or more correctly which ones to jettison), but I've long wanted to own the lovely green Ricoh GR Limited. I've never seen it available for less than the full price of $899. There are two left here for $680. Let me live vicariously through one of you ....... Ricoh GR GR Limited Edition 16.0MP Digital Camera - Metallic Green for sale online | eBay

I'm not a fan of the LE styling, but I'm with you Luke regarding having always wanted to try out the GR. The B&H link shows a price of $597 with a 32GB card and VF. Nice deal as well, if plain black works for you. I just bought a GX7 + 20/1.7 or I'd be tempted. 28mm is not my favorite FL though. That's always held me back more than anything.

I had a GR and loved it.....except for the 28mm focal length. All my photos had a ton of dead space in the foreground. I think "normal" focal lengths work best for me because that is the way I see the world.

But I also like cameras that are a little different and a green one definitely fits the bill. So while I want one....it's for the wrong reasons and it's why I won't get one.

Mine defaults to "47mm", from where I "widen out" to "35mm" if needed or to the native 28. I know they are crops - "cheating" - but they are damn good...

Yes, mine crops to both 35mm (approx 11mp) and 47mm (approx 6mp). And even the 47mm crop is surprisingly useful. And both are much faster than any zoom. A press of a button and voila!

Back