1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

the GR Limited - great price

Discussion in 'Hot Deals - Find a Great Deal? Share It Here.' started by Luke, Dec 1, 2014.

1. Luke

Luke Super Moderator

Nov 11, 2011
    Milwaukee, WI USA
    Luke
    I have one or two too many cameras right now. And I can't figure out how to get rid of them (or more correctly which ones to jettison), but I've long wanted to own the lovely green Ricoh GR Limited. I've never seen it available for less than the full price of $899. There are two left here for $680. Let me live vicariously through one of you ....... http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-BOXED-R...prg=20131017132637&rk=4&rkt=4&sd=361135523305

2. Biro

Biro SC All-Pro

Aug 7, 2011
    Jersey Shore
    Steve
    If I didn't already have a GR, I'd probably jump on this. I tell you what, Luke, list your cameras here and we'll take a vote among the membership as to which ones you should let go. :biggrin:

• Like Like x 1
  3. demiro

demiro Serious Compacts For Life

Dec 15, 2011
    I'm not a fan of the LE styling, but I'm with you Luke regarding having always wanted to try out the GR. The B&H link shows a price of $597 with a 32GB card and VF. Nice deal as well, if plain black works for you. I just bought a GX7 + 20/1.7 or I'd be tempted. 28mm is not my favorite FL though. That's always held me back more than anything.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Luke

Luke Super Moderator

Nov 11, 2011
    Milwaukee, WI USA
    Luke
    I had a GR and loved it.....except for the 28mm focal length. All my photos had a ton of dead space in the foreground. I think "normal" focal lengths work best for me because that is the way I see the world.

But I also like cameras that are a little different and a green one definitely fits the bill. So while I want one....it's for the wrong reasons and it's why I won't get one.

5. Biro

Biro SC All-Pro

Aug 7, 2011
    Jersey Shore
    Steve
    If I'm shooting in a situation where 28mm is too wide, I find the GR's 35mm crop mode to be more than acceptable.

6. Lightmancer

Lightmancer Super Moderator

Aug 13, 2011
    Sunny Frimley
    Bill Palmer
    Mine defaults to "47mm", from where I "widen out" to "35mm" if needed or to the native 28. I know they are crops - "cheating" - but they are damn good...

• Like Like x 1
  7. kyteflyer

kyteflyer ~@¿@~

Jan 31, 2011
    Newcastle, Australia
    Sue
    Interesting. Its in Taiwan, but does not ship to Australia.

8. Biro

Biro SC All-Pro

Aug 7, 2011
    Jersey Shore
    Steve
    Yes, mine crops to both 35mm (approx 11mp) and 47mm (approx 6mp). And even the 47mm crop is surprisingly useful. And both are much faster than any zoom. A press of a button and voila!

9. serhan

serhan SC All-Pro

May 7, 2011
    NYC
  10. serhan

serhan SC All-Pro

May 7, 2011
    NYC
    • Like Like x 1