The Look

christilou

Legend
Pentax K-01, FA77 Ltd.

I was just telling her about something that made her cross!

IMGP2445-3-6.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

It's actually quite a lovely look! Great skin and eyes!

I'm loving the photos you are getting from the K01, Christina. Is it just me, or are the photos from the K01 a bit sharper than the K5 photos?

Great one, Christina - and good for your daughter for being OK with your photographing her, even when she isn't completely thrilled about something.;)

The lighting is wonderful - and so is her youth and beauty.

Christina, your daughter is such a lovely young woman that even when she gives you "the look" (I have two daughters - I know it well!), it still makes for a beautiful portrait. Maybe if she scrunched her face up intensely and stuck out her tongue or something the attitude assocated with the look would come through, but you've just (JUST is not really the word I was going for here!) taken another fine portrait of her. She can't help it - the camera loves her. People are paid really well for that trait!

-Ray

I'm feeling a bit lost without either the K5 or K-01 :( Hopefully I can crystalize my thoughts after the New York trip and "re-get" one or the other! Top photo is taken with EM5 and 45mm 1.8 and the other is from the K5 using the FA77. I really like the latter combination for portraits although I can't see a lot of difference between that and the Olympus combo. Perhaps it's just the difference in colour signature or the DR?

Great shots, Christiloiu! You have been told how beautiful your daughter is already. (The apple does not fall far from the tree.) But you bring it out well in your portraits. I know that "look" as well, having two somewhat younger teen daughters at home. One has decided to put purple in her hair. i must get some shots of that now. :)

Thanks Dan. I have three daughters but Rosie is the most photogenic, looks like her dad I think!!! I find that's often the way, a girl will look just like her dad but just soooo much better LOL! The genes seem to reorganize themselves for the female form :) Mine are all grown now with Rosie bringing up the rear, 21 years next week. They still surprise me although they've outgrown colouring their hair odd colours thankfully. I've seen a lot of girls with pink hair and actually, I rather like it. Why not? Just got my X Pro1 this afternoon and am rather smitten (so far!).

We look forward to seeing how your obvious talents are demonstrated with the Xpro. I really like mine, but I find I pull out the NEX7 just as often, or more because I can use it with Pentax and Nikon lenses. That 77mm limited Pentax lens is wonderful, and I see you have put it to good use. Which lens did you get with the Xpro?

I'm feeling a bit lost without either the K5 or K-01 :( Hopefully I can crystalize my thoughts after the New York trip and "re-get" one or the other! Top photo is taken with EM5 and 45mm 1.8 and the other is from the K5 using the FA77. I really like the latter combination for portraits although I can't see a lot of difference between that and the Olympus combo. Perhaps it's just the difference in colour signature or the DR?

As always, great photos Christina! Say happy birthday to Rosie next week for all of us!!

And nice utilization of the word "re-get"! Hehehe.

And congrats on the XPro1. It's great to see that you haven't found the cure for GAS yet. And that way, I can live vicariously through you, and some of the other GAS-sy members of this forum. I'm surprised that you haven't gotten the NEX7 yet ... or have you already?

As for the two portraits with the OMD and K5, they both look great. And from the two photos, I can't see a difference in terms of image quality either. I think Amin may have done a comparison between photos taken with the EP3 + 45/1.8 vs. K5 + 70/2.4. The 70/2.4 and 77/1.8 definitely have different "looks" though. In any event, your PP technique is so awesome that I'd imagine you can turn just about any image into a top notch one! I love the way you process your photos.

As always, great photos Christina! Say happy birthday to Rosie next week for all of us!!

And nice utilization of the word "re-get"! Hehehe.

And congrats on the XPro1. It's great to see that you haven't found the cure for GAS yet. And that way, I can live vicariously through you, and some of the other GAS-sy members of this forum. I'm surprised that you haven't gotten the NEX7 yet ... or have you already?

As for the two portraits with the OMD and K5, they both look great. And from the two photos, I can't see a difference in terms of image quality either. I think Amin may have done a comparison between photos taken with the EP3 + 45/1.8 vs. K5 + 70/2.4. The 70/2.4 and 77/1.8 definitely have different "looks" though. In any event, your PP technique is so awesome that I'd imagine you can turn just about any image into a top notch one! I love the way you process your photos.

+1