The May Prompts - So How's it Going? - Days 11-20

Luke

Legend
Name
Luke
I've taken a couple days off of shooting to bask in the glow of being ahead of schedule. End result is I'm no longer ahead of schedule. I'm going to start honing in on 2 specific prompts per day and try to get a few shots for each. I'm really enjoying everyone's shots....some inspiring stuff!

I probably won't be around the forums much in the next couple of days, but wil be back with a few prompts ticked off :) Keep up the good work everyone.

Since I love to procrastinate, but don't want to give in that, I'm forcing myself. All in all I like being challenged to do something else with my photography, but not a day goes by where I don't feel like giving up. There's a delicate balance between chore and fun here...

I have 15 under my belt, a little less than half done and I started a day late. Yesterday I got to my destination and got a call from one of the kids they were locked out of the house, forgot their key. So I had to go right back home. I shot in the backyard instead. Eager to finish and move on though. I can already see other things I want to do and I don't want them to distract me from what I am doing now :)

Well, I've managed to knock of several in bunches and I guess I'm ahead of schedule, which is good because I'm not sure how much time I'll have over the weekend. Need to give some of the remaining prompts some serious thought and see what I can come up with. I've seen some very nice shots posted already!

I'm enjoying the greater freedom this time compared to the SIJ. I'm amazed at the fertile minds coming up with some great images. I try to guess the prompt from the thumbnail and I'm quite often wrong as some images could work for multiple prompts.

I'm in similar position like Luke - been ahead of schedule and now fallen behind. Managed to take a short walk today and eventually got two knocked off. I also have several on hold, hoping to get better variations, but will have to use them if that does not happen.

And like Bill, I'm amused how various the interpretations are. I find it to be very interesting how different approaches give different tones and atmosphere to identical starting points.

And sometimes someone beats me to a certain prompt, so I try harder to keep fresh. Or the ideas spring up unexpectedly and turn the things around - at least three times I though I got "black", but it's still on my "to do" list:rolleyes:

The rain has caused some problems, but I waited behind last night to get a sneaky couple of iphone shots which could cover 3 topics. I'm still drawing a mental blank on some suggestions, but I'm not overly worried.

My problem is I forget what it on the list when I'm out and about without camera bag where the printout is!

my printout is getting a little tired after being folded and unfolded so many times and living in my back pocket for so long. I'll have to shoot it at the end of the month......it must fit one of the prompts.

I'm having to redo yesterday's work. Just did not work. Hope I got a couple today. haven't looked yet. I'm pretty much on schedule, but finding it harder to get out and look for the more difficult ones. Lazy!
Seeing the quality of other people's work is making me more persnickety with my own, and that's good.

I just press the button - if I'm happy I post it if I'm not I still post it - I'm more concerned in trying to get an unusual interpretation of the prompt........ I have a little flexibility in that I'm using my G1 plus 14 45 zoom most of the time

but it's interfering with my bird shots, (well not really!!)

I've still not started yet ... early days, panic not set in!

I'm with Karen, not started yet but no panic. I'm still set to complete the challenge....well, hey, this is the very same philosophy that saw me get over the line with my university degree those many years ago. So the proofs in the pudding, the cramming system it works! :blush:

I'm with Karen, not started yet but no panic. I'm still set to complete the challenge....well, hey, this is the very same philosophy that saw me get over the line with my university degree those many years ago. So the proofs in the pudding, the cramming system it works! :blush:

Haha! Yeah, I think I went through the exam quickly and answered the easy ones for me. Now, I have to go back through and work a bit harder (or just guess multiple choice C for the rest).

Today, I'm setting out in search of "summer" and "High point". Hopefully, something will come to me. There are some prompts that are going to defeat me. I may have good ideas for those less concrete prompts, but acting on them is more difficult than I expected. Today will be a K-5 and long lens day.

I finally got going yesterday after getting my DL5 back from Leica repair. Unfortunately I've discovered not only weren't my original problems fixed but now I have a mysterious black orb in all of my images in the exact same place. I thought I had a smudge on the lens but no such luck. Have returned my camera for a replacement which will arrive Tuesday. Man, am I going to have to get busy next week! :eek:

Back