1. Reminder: Please user our affiliate links to get to your favorite stores for holiday shopping!

The "new" dog.....

Discussion in 'Words / No Words (W/NW)' started by stanleyk, Jan 24, 2013.

1. stanleyk

stanleyk SC Top Veteran

May 23, 2011
    Taylor, Texas
    This little guy jumped in my car at the park today at 5:30 AM when we got there to go walking. He was really scared. I think he was dumped there last night. Why me.............. I'm not kidding. I was half asleep and taking the dogs out for their morning walk. I opened my door to get out and he came flying in. Everyone gets along great......of course.... I couldn't find a man eating Rottweiler could I? I doubled up Ruby's collar and put it on him and off we went. It was if he had been living with us his whole life. I had him checked on my lunch break right after I took these. No microchip. So far no vet or boarders in town have reported him as lost. Where we walk in the morning is pretty far away from any homes and he seems very happy now. He was terrified this AM. My guess is he got dumped there last night. I'm of course looking for a home for him. I will deliver (to anywhere in Texas or perhaps Oklahoma/Arkansas.....). He's already neutered. Very friendly...make that VERY friendly. No food aggression. He walks great on the leash and rides fine in the car. He did ride in my lap but I will chalk that up to everyone else taking all the seats.

Sorry for the bad photos. He just would not even remotely sit still. :smile:

I'm really afraid I now have 4 dogs..................................my other three dogs love him. I may be out voted on this one.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 8
  2. photogfollett

photogfollett SC Regular

Feb 7, 2012
    Roseburg, Oregon
    John
    Super cute dog, and you rock for rescuing him without a second thought. Great photo's for a dog that wouldn't stand still...you should see our rescue Yorkie, I've yet to have her stand still enough for a pic in the 2 years we've had her!

3. Gary

Gary SC All-Pro

Aug 19, 2012
    Southern California
    Gary Ayala
    Oh man ... why you...??? I am sure every dog in your herd instantly told him hop in, that it would be okay and that you are the greatest! Unfortunate for you but very good fortune for your new pup. I wish I could help.

Gary

• Like Like x 1
  4. Luke

Luke Super Moderator

Nov 11, 2011
    Milwaukee, WI USA
    Luke
    We have a strict 2 dog limit.....otherwise I'd drive down there and pick him up. But then you'd just find another one anyways :wink:

He's super cute! You just need to start an animal rescue shelter. Who knows....maybe there are some grants and you can get paid for all the work you do!

• Like Like x 2
  5. Pelao

Pelao SC All-Pro

Jul 11, 2010
    Ontario, Canada
    Stephen
    Uh-oh. He is the long needed addition to the clan. You might as well just accept it.

Glad you were there for him.

6. TraamisVOS

TraamisVOS SC Hall of Famer

Nov 29, 2010
    Melboune, Australia
    At least he's a little guy and not a Great Dane. They'd eat more, those Great Danes.

7. thekeddi

thekeddi SC Top Veteran

Aug 15, 2011
    South Australia
    Awwww keep him! We have five! lol he is super cute, and your a lovely person for rescuing him :)

8. TraamisVOS

TraamisVOS SC Hall of Famer

Nov 29, 2010
    Melboune, Australia
    If you could drive him over to Melbourne, Australia, I might be able to convince my girlfriend to let him join our dog and two cat household.

• Like Like x 1
  9. olli

olli Super Moderator Emeritus

Sep 28, 2010
    Metro Manila
    olli
    You're a good man. Bless you.

10. Ripleysbaby

Ripleysbaby supernatural anesthetist

Sep 9, 2011
    Cumbria UK
    Garry
    Have you ever owned a terrier before ? They have a bad habit of breaking into your heart and staying forever !
    Whatever the outcome I know you will do the best you can for him.

11. kyteflyer

kyteflyer ~@¿@~

Jan 31, 2011
    Newcastle, Australia
    Sue
    I think you already outvoted yourself! You're taking photos of him... you're attached. Whats his name now?
    :clap2:

12. christilou

christilou SC Hall of Famer

Jul 13, 2010
    Sunny Frimley
    He's a lovely dog and looks to have been well cared for. He's so little and who knows, he may just keep the others in check!

13. drd1135

drd1135 SC Hall of Famer

Jul 13, 2011
    Southwest Virginia
    Steve
    I never understand just dumping a dog in the park when you could at least take him to the shelter. Good Karma for you and the Dog gods will be pleased ;-)

14. Gary

Gary SC All-Pro

Aug 19, 2012
    Southern California
    Gary Ayala
    +1

15. Boid

Boid SC All-Pro

Dec 15, 2011
    Bangalore, India
    Rajiv
    You should volunteer to take pictures at the local dog shelter. They wouldn't have a single one left.

• Like Like x 1
  16. grebeman

grebeman Old Codgers Group

Jul 13, 2010
    South Brent, south Devon (UK)
    Barrie
    Are you certain it doesn't say "dog rescue" on the side of your vehicle?

17. drd1135

drd1135 SC Hall of Famer

Jul 13, 2011
    Southwest Virginia
    Steve
    Just to point out, BTW, that second shot is excellent.

18. Isoterica

Isoterica SC Hall of Famer

Dec 6, 2011
    The dogs that find you are the best kind to keep. It's like they were sent to you. We had our dog Dustie, who found my husband for about thirteen years. She might have been fourteen. And that little guy he doesn't take up room at all.

19. Pelao

Pelao SC All-Pro

Jul 11, 2010
    Ontario, Canada
    Stephen
    When I was a kid we had a similar experience. Our Labrador returned home with a Collie in tow. She stayed, and was just so at home. There were signs of rough treatment, but she recovered.

Our cat (sorry, cat in a dog thread) is a rescue. He seems happy to have acquired us.

20. christilou

christilou SC Hall of Famer

Jul 13, 2010
    Sunny Frimley
    Little B is also a rescue dog, rescued at 3 weeks old from a gypsy camp. He's a really good natured dog but his whole demeanour changes as soon as he sees men in big working boots. I think he was probably kicked as a pup, he trembles even if I hold him.