The New Generic Lens Hood For X100 (With Pics)

Discussion in 'Fuji X100 Forum' started by Photorx12, Jun 18, 2011.

1. Photorx12

Photorx12 SC Regular

May 31, 2011
    I just recently recieved a generic lens hood from a seller on Ebay located in China. The whole time I was keeping my fingers crossed hoping it would not look cheap or out of the norm. I have posted some pictures of the hood and the hood on the camera, enjoy:

The Kit came with no intructions, but none are needed; it's a pretty simple set up.
    [​IMG]

This pic is of the first ring on the camera.
    [​IMG]

Here is the complete hood installed.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

This pic is of the normal view finder; you can see the hood.
    [​IMG]

If the electronic view finder is on, you don't see the hood.
    [​IMG]

In all I am very satisfied with the hood kit, for $50.00 it's definately worth buying. The quality of the material is solid, its easy to install, and it looks very much like the Fuji hoods I have seen online going for 150+. I can not directly compare them because I have never seen the official Fuji hood, but still recommend this product, after all its only $50.00 with free shipping.

• Like Like x 2
  2. Landshark

Landshark PhotoDog S.C. Charter Member

Jul 15, 2010
    SoCal
    Bob
  3. Photorx12

Photorx12 SC Regular

May 31, 2011
    dreamhouse403

• Like Like x 1
  4. BBW

BBW Administrator Emeritus S.C. Charter Member

Jul 7, 2010
    betwixt and between
    BB
    Excellent find, Photorx!:bravo-009:

5. JustinW

JustinW SC Regular

Aug 14, 2011
    Melbourne, Australia
    Hi photorx12. I have the same kit for my x100, love it. However the lens cap does not fit as well anymore with the adapter on. Are you using a generic 49mm lens cap, or still using the x100 one?

6. JustinW

JustinW SC Regular

Aug 14, 2011
    Melbourne, Australia
    Thanks stanley, I will get one now. Do you have a UV filter attached? If so, are you getting much ghosting/flare? Or is it more for the hood (which was the main reasons I purchased mine).

7. stillshunter

stillshunter Super Moderator Emeritus

Nov 5, 2010
    Down Under
    Mark
    I got the very same one. Great build quality and I don't find the hood that intrusive of the OVF. I've got a slim Hoya UV in case of inclement weather, but on the whole I'd rather the lens naked....as the Gods of Design on Mt Fuji intended :wink:

8. JustinW

JustinW SC Regular

Aug 14, 2011
    Melbourne, Australia
    I like your thinking :) I was thinking the same thing, but recently I have noticed a fair few people putting UV filters on their x100, and it got me thinking that maybe it could be worth it for the safety of the lens. However, the adapter does offer a little more protection... might by a 49mm polarizer instead :)