The nightly dog walk ..

Discussion in 'Stroll Photography' started by pawzitiv, Jan 4, 2012.

1. pawzitiv

pawzitiv SC Regular

Throwing caution to the wind with handheld night shots whilst walking the dogs ..

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 6
  2. stillshunter

stillshunter Super Moderator Emeritus

Nov 5, 2010
    Down Under
    Mark
    ...and still nice and sharp....and very evocative! Nice one...

• Like Like x 1
  3. BBW

BBW Administrator Emeritus S.C. Charter Member

Jul 7, 2010
    betwixt and between
    BB
    Arie, let's all throw caution to the wind! I look forward to the continuation of your nightly dog walk pictures, very much.

Excellent image quality - is it the camera and the lens? But irregardless, the feelings elicited in me are that of being almost alone...in a very cold and quiet place, yet I know you have your faithful friend by your side...probably wanting to move along to experience more enticing smells in the dark. Quietly beautiful and a lovely black and white.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Wouter Brandsma

Wouter Brandsma   S.C. Charter Member

Jul 7, 2010
    Always fascinating to see how darkness and subtle light can change such ordinary subjects. A good reason to stroll, Arie.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Bugleone

Bugleone SC Regular

Jun 1, 2011
    England
    Can anyone participate?.......if it's jsut your pix then I will delete with pleasure!

This shot while 'walking the dog' at night using 3200iso and 50mm lens at f2;

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  6. pawzitiv

pawzitiv SC Regular

Thanks, BB. I used the venerable GF1 and 20/1.7 combination for this image; ISO3200 is quite usable if you like B&W images with some "hair". When I saw this building detail, I immediately thought the only thing missing was Philip Marlowe standing semi-silhouette leaning against the bricks.

• Like Like x 1
  7. pawzitiv

pawzitiv SC Regular

All nightly dog walkers are welcome to contribute to this thread. Thanks for posting your image.

• Like Like x 1
  8. BBW

BBW Administrator Emeritus S.C. Charter Member

Jul 7, 2010
    betwixt and between
    BB
    Indeed, Philip Marlowe must be just around the corner, Arie.:drinks: