Fuji The Official, International, Multi Dimensional, X100 Street Thread.

Ray, you have been busy!! Your selective color image is a knockout, while the one with the trumpeter made me laugh out loud... This last one has a real beauty to it. I think, for me, it's the architecture, the light on the metal frame of the revolving door and the movement you've caught...all of it plus the grain and monochromatic choice, Ray. Looking really good here, Ray.

Thanks BB. But its not selective color. Its the "bleach bypass" filter in Color Efex, which I just got last weekend (got the whole bundle and was able to sell the extra license for Silver Efex). That filter and the "brilliance/warmth" are the only two I've gotten any sort of results that I like from yet. I'm sure there are others I'll find a use for, but I like that one a lot. It seems to make the color shots feel more like B&W, but with that shot of color for images that just don't work as well in B&W.

-Ray

Cool, Ray! I've never tried it but now I sure will. I love Color Efex - Pro Contrast, Glamour Glow and Graduated Neutral Density are three of my favorites - I also like Brilliance and Warmth. I can't wait until they come out with a "history" tab for Color Efex. Thanks so much for telling me about "bleach bypass".:drinks:

Not to get too far afield here, but do you know if there's a way to apply borders similar to the ones in Silver Efex in Color Efex? I guess I could bring the image into Silver Efex, add a HUGE control point to cover the whole image, and then crank the selective color all the way up to 100% and then add a Silver Efex border. But that doesn't seem quite right - I can't imagine Silver Efex wouldn't have SOME impact on the color and its a terribly crude workaround. But I like those borders a whole lot more than the basic ones I get in Border FX.

I'll have to try Glamour Glow and Graduated Neutral Density and Pro Contrast (although 'glamour glow' doesn't sound like much of what I shoot! :cool:) - I feel like an utter novice with Color Efex so far.

-Ray

No method of adding borders that I know of, Ray. I'm still looking for a separate borders plug in. As for Glamour Glow, you'll be surprised at what it does and how you can use it - don't let that name fool ya! I've used for all sorts of unglamorous subjects...and then sometimes I go into SFX, afterwards. Shhh!

How funny, i just got off the Amtrak train in new York this afternoon! Didn't bring my cable to transfer any pics though so will have to wait till I get home. Not sure this hotel iPad would allow it anyway.

How funny, i just got off the Amtrak train in new York this afternoon! Didn't bring my cable to transfer any pics though so will have to wait till I get home. Not sure this hotel iPad would allow it anyway.
Go to B&H - you know you are dying to - and buy one! Or go to The Apple Store, Christina!

Welcome to New Yawk!!!!:th_salute:

And of course you will do yours justice! Are you crazy?!

With a nod to Thom Hogan

Ray, great work. I need to learn how to do that selective color.
christilou, we are in NYC at the same time.
Here is one from Time Square area.

X0333r.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

A few more from NYC

Well, I am back in my country sanctuary where the birds sing, the chickens cluck, and the deer (no antelope) roam. Here are a few more from a long walk from Penn Station to Central Park up Seventh Avenue.

X0317r.jpg

X0341.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

X0356.jpg

Your turn, Streetshooter!

Dan, I love that Central Park color shot. Although its arguably the least "street" of the bunch, I love the way it combines a killer view with the somewhat random collection of people in all sorts of different postures and poses, facing in different directions. Almost looks like a wider angle than the X100 but I know its just getting the right perspective.

-Ray

Back