Fuji The Official, International, Multi Dimensional, X100 Street Thread.

Very nicely done - I like the contrasty look, and the angle... With that bartender's expression, the "Wine Enthusiast" poster, and the patron's back as he's hoisting his drink...which I'm guessing is not wine....and those glistening glasses...you've got a lot of good stuff going on here, Photorx. The more I look at this picture the more I see. The quality of your black and white toning is excellent.

Thank you for the comments. It's amazing to me how much more of an impact taking away the color and shading can have on a photograph. When I first took this pic in color, I wasn't too pleased and almost deleted it. But I have come to learn not to delete any pictures and each one can have a life of thier own when you look at it enough. I have recently become very attached to black and whit photography and hope to get better at it, which is why your comments mean a lot to me.

This was taken this morning at 5 a.m. while I was sitting in my car reading notes for an exam.
Bus_Stop.jpg

Street or portrait? Not sure really as it's my daughter yakking on her phone! I left her to go take some pictures and when I returned she was still talking...... Trying out Flare and LR3.4
If I had to categorize, I'd say the first one might be a portrait since she takes up the whole frame and the elements of "street" are OOF and just serve as a nice background. But the second one is definitely street, even if not spontaneous. Nice composition with the enclosure and the postcards and all of the other elements of the environment playing an equal role to your daughter. Like em both, regardless...

-Ray

Good captures, I like the first where no-one is making any eye contact. The light in the second is beautiful and I like the processing. Lots going on in this one, the photographer and the two ladies probably looking for "the next one". Wish I was a bit braver with "street" :)

Thank you - I am a nikon dslr user and have always avoided 'street' photography as I never felt comfortable with it - Although Im a little bit wary still with the x100, the combination of its small size and silent mode makes it easier for me as a photographer to take shots in street style and I certainly I think the person in the street feels less intimidated by the fuji.

Back