The Proof is in the Pudding (and other misspoken bits)

:D My equivalent is: "Let's use the Sword of Damocles to cleave the Gordian Knot and get to the thin end of the white elephant."
...it gets the same sort of reaction.

I had a meeting brought forward by an hour the other day. The organiser informed me, without a trace of irony, that it had been "preponed"...
I may use preponed the next chance I get :dance3:

I friend gave me a thing called BS Bingo (except it wasn't abbreviated), a game for use in meetings. It was a sheet of paper like a bingo sheet, and each square had one of those phrases that management just loves -- forward thinking, customer centric, best practices, optimization, and so forth. As each one is used, you cross it off the card. When you get a full card, you stand up in the meeting and yell BS! (Cleaning out your desk may be optional, or compulsory . . . it depends.)

Cheers, Jock

I know one the one you mean. It is brilliant. See it here Bullshit Bingo

I know one the one you mean. It is brilliant. See it here Bullshit Bingo
We actually have our own version for some in-house slang - mainly concerning Quality Management and New Public Management (both things got old pretty quickly, but since noone's really swallowing them anyway, no major problems with indigestion ... sorry, got carried away with the metaphor there ...).

M.

Phenomenon/phenomena
Criterion/criteria
Definate
Rediculous
One year anniversary
Loose/lose
Excited/exited
Lie/lay
Lead/led
Their/they're/there
Then/than