1. Reminder: Please user our affiliate links to get to your favorite stores for holiday shopping!

the Rx1, simply the best camera I have ever shot with...

Discussion in 'Sony RX1 Forum' started by Lucille, Feb 26, 2013.

1. Lucille

Lucille SC Veteran

Aug 20, 2012
    Hepcat City
    I have owned a Canon 40d, t2i, t4i, Omd-em5, e-pl1's, Sony A65. Got to use a Nikkon d600 with a 35mm prime. And I am not much of a photographer, in fact I don't like using that term in regards to myself, rather I am just somebody whom snaps images, and the Rx1 just keeps wowing me.

I read about it having slow auto focus (I like manual focus anyways) in lowlight conditions, so I put it to the test and quite frankly in real world use, I don't find it that slow or inaccurate.
    (I also read about how terrible the e-pl1 is, only to also have a opposite experience)

some lowlight autofocus shots.

bop-5.

bop-11.

bop-14.

0223-3.

0223-4.

I have never been a black and white shooter, but this little tiny GEM of a camera is changing that for me....

These shots might be easy for some of you more experienced and real photographers out there, but they were never easy for me, until the Rx1, these subjects were moving, and I think the camera did well...

• Like Like x 5
  2. Lucille

Lucille SC Veteran

Aug 20, 2012
    Hepcat City
    simple car shots, that I normally shoot, just have a wonderful 3d pop to them, unlike anything I have ever see with the gear I have used in the past.

[​IMG]

0224-33.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Lucille

Lucille SC Veteran

Aug 20, 2012
    Hepcat City
    The camera/lens just renders lovely and captures color and detail that make it such a pleasure to shoot with, I find I want to take this camera everywhere with me..

0224-36.

0224-40.

0224-46.

0224-49.

0224-50.

hell, I even got a shot of the cooks at Fuddruckers, just to see how it would come out.

0224-53.

• Like Like x 4
  4. Lucille

Lucille SC Veteran

Aug 20, 2012
    Hepcat City
    This camera is magical and so easy to use, I think it is worth every cent. Now if I ever get good, look out.

0215-3.

• Like Like x 4
  5. tdp

tdp Guest

Wow. Really, wow.

6. Lucille

Lucille SC Veteran

Aug 20, 2012
    Hepcat City
    I so look forward to the summer, as I think the Rx1 will provide a wonderful night shot under the stars experience for me, as I am liking the few test shots I have done..

0125-1.

0125-3.

0125-6.

• Like Like x 5
  7. john m flores

john m flores SC All-Pro

Aug 13, 2012
    Thx for sharing. I like the car shots. Nice 3D effect. This is not good for my credit card.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Lucille

Lucille SC Veteran

Aug 20, 2012
    Hepcat City
  9. Biro

Biro SC All-Pro

Aug 7, 2011
    Jersey Shore
    Steve
    It's a great camera... and I owned one for a single day. I just couldn't get past the price, especially after having to buy an external Sony charger so I didn't have to recharge the battery inside the camera. We're talking well over $700. I took mine back. It just needed something more at that price, at least for me. I could get into Sony's new A58 SLT for $100 less. But I can't argue with the results you got, Lucille. Great work.

EDIT: I realize now that I am talking about the RX100 and Lucille is shooting with the RX1! As I mentioned above, Lucille did, and always does, great work. Hey, at $700-800, I would have been thrilled with the RX1. Sometimes I wonder about myself. Never mind. :redface:

• Like Like x 2
  10. Armanius

Armanius Bring Jack back!

Jan 11, 2011
    Houston, Texas
    Jack
    Love the "look" of that photo of the Fuddrucker servers. It reminds me of the look from M9 photos. A lot of depth.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Luke

Luke Super Moderator

Nov 11, 2011
    Milwaukee, WI USA
    Luke
    There is no substitute for sensor size. Bigger is better. Plain and simple.

But Lucille, you create great photos with whatever you have.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Penfan2010

Penfan2010 SC Top Veteran

Jul 21, 2012
    NJ, USA
    Ed
    +1 on fantastic car shots -great light.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Isoterica

Isoterica SC Hall of Famer

Dec 6, 2011
    Amazing band shots Lucille.. and your cars.. the first two stand out.. like you said in 3d. That was without additional processing? I am seriously impressed!

• Like Like x 1
  14. Lawrence A.

Lawrence A. SC All-Pro

Nov 8, 2012
    New Mexico
    Larry
    If you ever get "good", I'll be eating my computer screen!
    I've seen your stuff, Lucille; you're good!

• Like Like x 1
  15. Ray Sachs

Ray Sachs SC Legend

Sep 21, 2010
    Not too far from Philly
    you should be able to figure it out...
    I think you're talking about the RX100, a veritable steal compared to the RX1 featured in this thread... :biggrin:

-Ray

16. Ray Sachs

Ray Sachs SC Legend

Sep 21, 2010
    Not too far from Philly
    you should be able to figure it out...
    Although I'm reasonably certain the RX1 wouldn't work for the way I mostly shoot and would end up just pissing me off through no fault of its own, I'd LOVE to check it out. Because the lens and the files really do look quite amazing. POP isn't even the word for it. What I'd REALLY love to do would be to walk around for a few days with both the RX1 and the new X100s and do a bunch of the same shots back to back with both cameras and compare both the shooting experience and the results. And maybe bring the EPL5 along with the new 17mm f1.8 just to make it even more interesting... I don't know if I'll be able to swing it, but I might try once the X100s shows up.

-Ray

• Like Like x 2
  17. Biro

Biro SC All-Pro

Aug 7, 2011
    Jersey Shore
    Steve
    DOH! You're right!!! At $700+ I would have been thrilled with the RX1! My apologies to all! :dash2:

18. spinyman

spinyman SC Veteran

Dec 21, 2011
    Valley Center,Ca.
    David
    LittleMt,Nice shots! Glad you're back!

• Like Like x 1
  19. Luckypenguin

Luckypenguin SC Hall of Famer

Dec 24, 2010
    Brisbane, Australia
    Nic
    While you could arguably say that beyond APS-C you start to get diminishing returns for the amount of money spent, I'm sure that it does buy you something extra. It's cool that a camera like this now exists and also that those who have it are enjoying it. Those band shots are really cool!

• Like Like x 1
  20. Andrewteee

Andrewteee SC All-Pro

Jul 8, 2010
    I went to Fuddruckers many, many years ago. The first thing you passed on the way in was the meat locker where they stored the raw material to be freshly ground for the burgers. They had a "buffet" of condiments that you could top your burger with and I piled on the jalapenos and fresh salsa. Yum! That must have been 30 years ago. I wonder if it is the same today.

The RX1 looks impressive and the first impressions I've seen seem favorable.